the trip from hell and why i love my psd

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must be something right about our PSD's! :D And where is that Ram? Oh there it is down toward the bottom of the list. :stir :tounge

The Top 10 Best-Selling Cars of 2008

Ford F-Series: 515,513
Chevy Silverado: 465,065
Toyota Camry: 436,617
Honda Accord: 372,789
Toyota Corolla: 351,007
Honda Civic: 339,289
Nissan Altima: 269,668
Chevy Impala: 265,840
Dodge Ram: 245,840
Honda CR-V: 197,279

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
Must be something right about our PSD's! :D And where is that Ram? Oh there it is down toward the bottom of the list. :stir :tounge

The Top 10 Best-Selling Cars of 2008

Ford F-Series: 515,513
Chevy Silverado: 465,065
Toyota Camry: 436,617
Honda Accord: 372,789
Toyota Corolla: 351,007
Honda Civic: 339,289
Nissan Altima: 269,668
Chevy Impala: 265,840
Dodge Ram: 245,840
Honda CR-V: 197,279

me likes :thumbs

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The PowerStroke always gets looked down on because of low dyno numbers if compared to the other two, but it's also the one most counted on to get the job done. I find it amusing to see that a lot of the high power sled pull Dodge trucks come to a pull riding on a trailer towed by a Ford. In the end, I'll keep my workhorse knowing that I'll get to where i need to get to, often with a smile on my face.

I have to agree on this. I am a vol. firefighter and if you look at the emergency vehicles (the smaller trucks and ambluances) take a look at the chassis that is being used, The dept I am on has a Grass Truck , a 96 F-350 4x4 RC OBS, the two previous ambulances 99, 00 F-350 PSD's (After 10 years of being "used" they were upgraded to the larger Freightshaker chassis and a bigger box). We had a mid 70's Engine, a Ford Cab-Over with a Howe Apratus on its back. You goto the hospital and look at the ambulance bay, and there sits almost 100% Ford E-Series Van chassis's. The local private service in our area that also does non-emergency transport..... E-350 "window vans" some with lifts and some without. You look at some of the surrounding departments, and all their Pickup sized vehicles are Ford F-350's with various apratus on them. Our "go anywhere" command vehicle is a Gasser Excursion.

When you need a tow truck, what chassis do they run on F-Series chassis. (at least the smaller ones, most of the ones around here, most have upgraded to IH 4600 DT466 rigs).

So with what I can see, if you need someone to "save your a**" more than likely it is going to be saved by a FORD!!!!! That says alot right there.......

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
It is a given that Ford is better. Ford is the only one of the big three that is not now owned by the gooberment and we know they can screw anything up.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
I have to agree on this. I am a vol. firefighter and if you look at the emergency vehicles (the smaller trucks and ambluances) take a look at the chassis that is being used, The dept I am on has a Grass Truck , a 96 F-350 4x4 RC OBS, the two previous ambulances 99, 00 F-350 PSD's (After 10 years of being "used" they were upgraded to the larger Freightshaker chassis and a bigger box). We had a mid 70's Engine, a Ford Cab-Over with a Howe Apratus on its back. You goto the hospital and look at the ambulance bay, and there sits almost 100% Ford E-Series Van chassis's. The local private service in our area that also does non-emergency transport..... E-350 "window vans" some with lifts and some without. You look at some of the surrounding departments, and all their Pickup sized vehicles are Ford F-350's with various apratus on them. Our "go anywhere" command vehicle is a Gasser Excursion.

When you need a tow truck, what chassis do they run on F-Series chassis. (at least the smaller ones, most of the ones around here, most have upgraded to IH 4600 DT466 rigs).

So with what I can see, if you need someone to "save your a**" more than likely it is going to be saved by a FORD!!!!! That says alot right there.......

that's the best arguement right there.... i love using that one... there is no comeback for that....

it's simple.. tell them (ford haters) to think about 3 things.... an ambulance, a utility truck (electric, cable, city truck), and the truck that has been on top for well as long as the kept tabs... the answer will be FORD if they are honest with themselves..

crumm... good point has well!!!!

pete37922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wuz thinkin that also...who iz still supportin themselves...FORD !!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58