Question Time for new brake pads on our Excursion,need opinions

CHPMustang

Reaction score
We've just turned 70k miles on the Excursion and at last inspection of the brakes a couple weeks ago they're looking to be due up for some new pads all the way around although I could get an easy 10k more out of em I don't want to run it close.

The rotors are clean with no warpage,cracking and no bluing so the rotors should be okay for continued use after the thickness gets verified.

Since John from Frozen Rotors joined our community I been looking at brakes and they have a great selection to choose from but looking for opinions from ya'll on brake pads.

I've read that metallic ones tend to squeek or squeal more,some dust more than others and so on.

Too many choices!:D

Hawk Performance LTS Brake Pad HB302Y.700
Hawk Performance HPS Brake Pad HB302F.700
Performance Friction Carbon Metallic Brake Pad 0756.20
Velvetouch F1 Carbon Semi-Metallic Brake Pad WPD0756K
Velvetouch F3 Carbon Semi-Metallic Brake Pad WPD0756T

desert50eagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally have the Hawk LTS and but either one of the hawks or velvetouchs should do you well.

IMO- Wile you are down there replacing parts...I would be tempted to change the rotors as well. I am assuming you are going to order through FR with the 10% off so....I would order both front rotors and pads. This way you get a discount up front, pay shipping once, and are able to do the front brakes once without having to worry about them for quite a while. Just my opinion....;tu

CHPMustang

Reaction score
What kind of miles be expected out of a set of LTS' on an Excursion daily driven easy? The LTS looks like what we may go with,less dust on the wheels the better too.:)

desert50eagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of miles be expected out of a set of LTS' on an Excursion daily driven easy? The LTS looks like what we may go with,less dust on the wheels the better too.:)

Mine are fresh on.....Maybe Bama could give you a better idea on mileage. I would imagine that the lifespan of the Hawks would exceed the stock ones...

Last edited:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Mine are fresh on.....Maybe Bama could give you a better idea on mileage. I would imagine that the lifespan of the Hawks would exceed the stock ones...
Did you pick your Hawks up locally or from our vendor? I was hoping to get mine in before next weekend for Tbar and I have to do both his truck and my Excursion's brakes.

desert50eagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you pick your Hawks up locally or from our vendor? I was hoping to get mine in before next weekend for Tbar and I have to do both his truck and my Excursion's brakes.

I got em from OUR SUPPORTING VENDOR FROZEN ROTORS:D. He took the time to answer all of my questions, he had extremely fast shipping(had my order within a couple of days) plus i got ten percent off my order! :sweet I would reccomend FROZEN ROTORS to anyone. They are a pleasure to do business with!!! I will pm you with the code for the 10% off...

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I got em from OUR SUPPORTING VENDOR FROZEN ROTORS:D. He took the time to answer all of my questions, he had extremely fast shipping(had my order within a couple of days) plus i got ten percent off my order! :sweet I would reccomend FROZEN ROTORS to anyone. They are a pleasure to do business with!!! I will pm you with the code for the 10% off...
I've only known of positive feedback from the gang at Frozen Rotors,I'll be ordering Monday first thing:sweet

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Bill,

I run the HB336P.655 with I believe is a Hawk Performance Super Duty Severe Duty Brake Pad ;)

So far so good :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58