Question Time for new brake pads on our Excursion,need opinions

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
I am running Perfomance Friction Carbon Metallics on F&R on both mine and the wifes Explorer. They have been great and are a definate upgrade from stock. Low dust and noise, better stopping. They were availabe local at Autozone.

Pep Boys used to have the Hawk pads available. Good friend of mine got his Hawk pads there. I am all for supoorting a sponsor, but I prefer to have a local vedor for ease of return if neccessary.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
iirc: you just have to say you are a sdd member to get the 10% deal. at least that is what i remember from when i toured their facility....

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Bill,

I run the HB336P.655 with I believe is a Hawk Performance Super Duty Severe Duty Brake Pad ;)

So far so good :D

I ran those pads when I was hauling cars with my F350. They really have awesome stopping power, but tend to squeel when bobtailing.

They are only recommended when towing everyday. They work best when under heavy loads.

I guess with the green monster Big K, you need that extra stopping power :D :sweet

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
I ran those pads when I was hauling cars with my F350. They really have awesome stopping power, but tend to squeel when bobtailing.

They are only recommended when towing everyday. They work best when under heavy loads.

I guess with the green monster Big K, you need that extra stopping power :D :sweet

Yea, with 38's and all the weight I have, I need all the power I can get ;tu

I little sequel doesn't bother me as long as it stops good! :hail

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58