Time fur tires!! need suggestions.

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
yeah, I think I will too. I didnt know that Cooper is one of the only tire companies(besides specialty tire companies) that produce exclusively for the aftermarket so they don't compromise on quality or performance to meet a price or the criteria of a vehicle manufacturer, which means you get more for your money.

Check this out!!

Cooper Tires and 7 reasons why you should choose them
Four Wheel Drive enthusiast and Australia's distributor of Cooper Tires, Terry Smith, explains why Cooper is America's most trusted tire. He summarizes this into seven reasons that are important benefits for the tire buyer.

1. Cooper tires have deeper treads, up to 30% more than some brands, which means you get more tire for your money, more miles, more grip, more puncture resistance.

2. Cooper tires have deeper tread patterns. Today many manufacturers are lowering tread pattern depths. A cooper tires lateral tread grooves are 67% deeper compared to most original equipment tires. This is possible because of wider and stronger steel belts under the tread.

3. Cooper tires stand up straighter. Most non-American brands of 4x4 tires have a round or 'belly' shape in the sidewalls. Cooper, by design, stands up straighter to deflect objects.

4. Cooper tires have see through treads, meaning the latest tread designs have open straight grooves for wet grip and self-cleaning - Cooper tread designs are all the most current designs.

5. Cooper tires have round edge treads, not square. The current trend in tire design is self-cleaning patterns with round shoulders, V shaped tread grooves and deeper tread patterns, Square edges track on the road, causing irregular shoulder wear.

6. Cooper are aftermarket producers. In tire manufacturing there are two types, original equipment suppliers, and after market suppliers. Cooper produce exclusively for the aftermarket so they don't compromise on quality or performance to meet a price or the criteria of a vehicle manufacturer, which means you get more for your money.

7. Cooper tires have high quality inner liners. The most important characteristic of a tire is its ability to hold air. Cooper uses one of the best quality inner liners (Halobutyl) combined with the proper liner thickness to give excellent air retention, where others may vary the quality and thickness of the compound to reduce cost, sacrificing air retention properties.

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
well, I made the trip to longview and am very happy(for the most part) with my new tires. I had the new coopers and wheels installed, drove it straight to the carwash, parked it to look at it and just couldnt see myself driving it as it sat. So, I had them put the coopers on my stock wheels, and saved $400. here are some pics.
View attachment 12876
View attachment 12877
View attachment 12878
View attachment 12879
View attachment 12880
heres what the wheels looked like. I did have to pay a $40 restocking fee, but I was fine with that.
View attachment 12881

I dont know if it was stepping down to the smaller tire size or what. I just couldnt live with them. I think they would have looked better in an 18 inch with a bigger tire, but I wasnt willing to pay that.

After seeing the coopers on the stock wheels, it looked better, but it definitely seemed like the truck had lost some masculinity. I guess you know when youre getting older when you go for practicality vs looks huh? The new coopers are great!! they are so much quieter and the truck rides alot better. Very happy about that. They also have a pretty deep tread. The guys at discount tire were great and were quick. Very happy with them.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

cwickd

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
22" incubus wheels with Terra Grapplers for sale. In excellent shape, less than 2k miles on them. Comes with full warranty against any damage from discount tire. Comes with lug nuts. Asking $2150.00 or best offer. Need to sell asap! 28732 is my local zip.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1425426727299.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1425426727299.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
  • uploadfromtaptalk1425426761811.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1425426761811.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
  • uploadfromtaptalk1425426806356.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1425426806356.jpg
    878 KB · Views: 40

Members online

No members online now.