Tire Rotation Help

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
I am trying to rotate my tires. I have got the lugs off and the rear tires are stuck on. Anyone have any tips to get them off? Ive beat the crap out of them so far, no luck. :dunno

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beat a little more I guess. Maybe take a rubber mallet and strike on the rim from behind. Last time I pulled my wheels off the front popped right off, and rears were pretty stuck. I was doing it on a lift, so you don't want to ream on them too hard, but if you've got it jacked up a few inches on stands, beat away with reasonable confidence.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am trying to rotate my tires. I have got the lugs off and the rear tires are stuck on. Anyone have any tips to get them off? Ive beat the crap out of them so far, no luck. :dunno

Squirt a little diesel or WD-40 where the wheel sets on the hub. Let it set for a few and smack it again. A No Bounce (shot loaded) hammer works best. Wire brush the inter hub are before you re-mount the wheels. Brake cleaner works good too.

Last edited:

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
Not sure how your rear brakes are set up, but is your e-brake on?

Brake rotors are not attached to the rims, he just needs to set his purse down and hit it like a man :sly :D

I usually sit on my ass and kick the tire with my feet (one side at a time) to pop it loose.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
what we used to do with old MGs & Triumphs was loosen the lug nuts a couple turns, then do figure 8's out in the parking lot...

if you don't have a parking lot at your house, don't try this

BigDaveZJ

uber noob
Reaction score
Brake rotors are not attached to the rims, he just needs to set his purse down and hit it like a man :sly :D

I usually sit on my ass and kick the tire with my feet (one side at a time) to pop it loose.

Duh. That's what I get for trying to think after my bedtime!

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
i can vouche for the 'dead blow' hammer from behind. swing it like you got a set and just be ready to 'catch' the tire.. works everytime.
oh, and i do not hit the rim but the tire itself.

p.s. shop guys do this too!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58