Tire Rotation

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
you cross the fronts to the rear so torque wear will scrub off any heel-toe wear they pick up on the front..

rotate every every oil change (5,000-7,500 miles)

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Generally I rotate my tires every other oil change (7500 miles) but I do have larger tires (38's) and they tend to wear a little bit quicker.

Last edited:

01SMOKINSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
rotate mine every 5000. NO uneven wear at all. Rotate them rears directly to the front and cross the fronts to the rear. Thats how i was told to do it but the tire dealer.

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Sears rotate mine every 5,000 miles since I paid extra for the lifetime service plan when I bought the tires and by God, I'm going to get my money's worth.;) :D :D

addicted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I moved to a new area a few months ago after a long trip accross the country and I started to feel a vibration on the road comming home especially. The week I moved here I did a U-Turn and hit a huge whole as I went off the road (horrible turning radius and I noticed I sent one of the wheel balance wieghts flying as it was gone. It was a pretty bad ride but I didn't notice it till a week or two later. At first I thought it was the road the way they paved it around here till I drove my other two cars and realized it was my truck. When ever I get above 65 it really rattles. At the end of the day when my head hurts as it is, it is really uncomforable.

Then I got to thinking. How long as it been since I've rotated my tires....I feel really stupid but I thought I would share. I had just rotated my wifes at 5K and I keep up with her car really well and I'm like ":doh: " I can't beleive I haven't rotated my tires in.....get this....30K miles since I've had the truck. The tires were brand new when I got them 0 miles on them. I know I know I can't believe it myself. I had taken a look about 10K miles back and the rears wore evenly but didn't pay that close attention to the fronts. Now I just looked and to my "well not so surprised reaction" they are starting to wear really bad on the outside fronts to the point some sections are starting to tear. Anyway I'm out to rotate them. Hopefully I can get 60K out of these tires but I sure didn't give them a fair chance I don't know what I was thinking.

Beside change the oil and do all the little things I've done to my truck to make it mine I've never really done to many maintance things. I mean change air and fuel filters and oil and oil filters but that is it.

So tonight it is tires, then tomorrow night it drain the fuel bowl and clean it out and make sure is all well in there which I have not done.....I know I know I'm a horrible PSD parent...Then if I can get around to it change the Tranny oil and filter when I put on my cooler and thermostat. Then I'm going to give my coolant system a good cleaning out and refill as well.

Just thought I would post some of my retardedness and please don't turn me into social services I promise I will take better care of her in the future. For some reason all my other cars I'm on top of it beyond the scope of regular maint....for some reason I just treat this truck as well.....a truck.:sorry Please don't verbally abuse me :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58