Tire Shine!!

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
If any one is into shinning up the rubber I found the Armoural (SP) gel in the orange bottle works great. Does not fling off, lasts forever, does not run off when applying and the applicator sponge it comes with does not break apart. $5.50. A little bit goes along way compared to others ive used. Will never use anything else (I think). Makes tires real shiny. I also used it on the plastic shines that up really well, easy to apply. But I dont think I will do it again cause when you go to dry it after washing and you take the shammy across the plastic it drags the gel on to the paint and leaves smudges.

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool, I use that "1 step tire foam" crap. It doesn't get too shiny, and it don't fling off all over the side of the truck. But will be willing to try that stuff your talking about. I just hate when you get those spots from the tires on the paint.:sweet

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
i saw a guy on TV once, that was the "car clean-up guy" to the stars in CA.

he actually used motor oil on the tires. he said it would help prevent the tires from dry rotting (if the car sits for along time). he gave some other benefits, but i cant remember them.

on my tires, i have used anything from Son-Of-Gun, Armor All, just about all the tire foam sprays, and I have been using a local manufacturers (Show Car Products). its a heavy spray (it smells really good :sly ) but like most, it will sling off all over the truck after you go down the road.

i may have to give the orange bottle a try to, thanks for the tip. :thumbs

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I will give it a try :sweet Best I have used so far is the stuff called "No Touch" in the white can with black letters, it seems to stay put better than the others I have tried.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I've used Westley's Silicone Gel,put some on a sponge and wipe on,nothing flings off:sweet

dzl_x_4x4

Dzl_X_4x4
Reaction score
I may try it on the Dodge-Hemi, but I can't use anything I need to wipe on because the Xterrains have to many treads and grooves and I need to do it fast.

I use Meguiars Silicon Spray. It makes your tires look wet and oily even after a rain or 2. I also spray it on the treads and inside of tires every so many weeks. Makes the tires look awesome with the aggressive tread pattern. I also use it under the hood, seems like it last longer then the foam did.

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i saw a guy on TV once, that was the "car clean-up guy" to the stars in CA.

he actually used motor oil on the tires. he said it would help prevent the tires from dry rotting (if the car sits for along time). he gave some other benefits, but i cant remember them.

on my tires, i have used anything from Son-Of-Gun, Armor All, just about all the tire foam sprays, and I have been using a local manufacturers (Show Car Products). its a heavy spray (it smells really good :sly ) but like most, it will sling off all over the truck after you go down the road.

i may have to give the orange bottle a try to, thanks for the tip. :thumbs

Yeah, I have talked to some detail guys that use transmission oil on the tires and also use it on the windows to keep the wateroff of them when it reains.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58