Tire Shine!!

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I will give it a try :sweet Best I have used so far is the stuff called "No Touch" in the white can with black letters, it seems to stay put better than the others I have tried.

Well no go on the try. My Toyo tires have too many side biters for a sponge applicator. Spray-on is the only way to go with this type of tread.

tiredowns005.jpg

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am no sure, but I think that the rubber on the tires is not formulated properly for motor oil and such. I prefer 303 products, but there are others out there. Seems like the "detailers" doing it this way are just trying to cut corners and costs at your expense.

FOr waht it is worth, I have been a detailer (among other things) for about 19 years, now.

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
Yeah, that would be a pain with so much tread. But without sidewall tread I am going on two weeks with out having to re-apply. All i need to do is take a dry cloth to the tires to take off anything that has stuck to them. Great stuff!

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If any one is into shinning up the rubber I found the Armoural (SP) gel in the orange bottle works great. Does not fling off, lasts forever, does not run off when applying and the applicator sponge it comes with does not break apart. $5.50. A little bit goes along way compared to others ive used. Will never use anything else (I think). Makes tires real shiny. I also used it on the plastic shines that up really well, easy to apply. But I dont think I will do it again cause when you go to dry it after washing and you take the shammy across the plastic it drags the gel on to the paint and leaves smudges.

Do any of you ever watch Unique Autosports on Speed? I noticed that the orange bottle is what they use on all of their cars for the stars' cars.

Reaction score
Do any of you ever watch Unique Autosports on Speed? I noticed that the orange bottle is what they use on all of their cars for the stars' cars.

I noticed that, too. I used the gel on the flat part of my tire and a spray foam on the "side biters". The combination seems to work well for me.:sweet

JRJ04

Reaction score
I've found what works the best is the armorall ultra shine. its just like the plain old armorall, but says ultra shine on it. the trick is to spray it on and just let it drip off. dont wipe at all (just overspray on the rims) my tires look brand new when i scrub the white lettering and do that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58