Tired of LOUD "engine" Noise!

Crusin350

D Dub
Reaction score
Yeah Im planning on it. Brians is about 4-5 hours from my house and about an hour from bull shoals lake I might have to make a little vacation out of it! Any Ideas on how much a TC will cost? I would be able to put it in myself if It would save me any $$$.
Also would it cause any problems if I replaced the TC but didn't do any work to the tranny.(about 170,000 Miles)

powerstroker24

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I Bought my truck about 2 years ago. I noticed the truck had a loud engine noise when I bought it, but wasn't too worried about it. But it seems more and more people (mostly mechanics) are telling me that it sounds bad. It is extreamly loud at idle (nocking or clanking) and seems to quite down when accelerating or raising the rpm's. I think I have eliminated it to one of three things, tourqe converter, transmission bearings, or rear engine bearings. There are no oil leaks or trans. fluid leaks (not even residue on the underside of the vehicle) I removed the flywheel cover about a week ago and noticed what may be a slight shimmy in the flywheel (or maybe it just appears to be one with the shaking of the engine). I was wondering if anyone has ever had any similar symptoms, or would know what it might be.

Thanks!

PS it sounds like an old school bus with the T444E.

Dude its the converter, Ive been a Ford deisel tech for long enough to know the sound your refering to and believe me its the converter. My 12/98 has the same tune

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58