Tires for 18" wheels

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
rray32539 said:
People say the engine sucks...I have no problems
People say the turbo is crap...I have no problems
And now people say the Contis suck and wear out by 21,000 miles...
WOW, mine still look like new and I'm pushing 23,000 miles.

Is my truck charmed?:dunno

Richard you're not the only one who is charmed with everything but tires...my first set was toast at 15k but there was a recall on them for that very reason, lack of treadwear. The second set is at 7k and already starting to show signs of needing to be replaced.

Other than that no probs here either :sweet

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have 25xxx on bfg 285 75r 18s and still 3/8 tread.. i hual and pull once and awhile, all intown driving, tires look and are holding up great, and have some awsome tread, i know im going back for second pair in another 10xxx

DiscountPowerParts

SUPPORTING VENDOR
Reaction score
The Pro-Comp tires handle just fine. They get a little side to side around 90mph If your on it hard and the road isnt pertectly smooth.

Tire: 33/13.50 R18; Procomp Xtreme AT; Directional; All Terrain; 4 Rib Design; Load Range E; Max Load Lbs 3525

They are on stock rims and slightly rub the inside corner of the mudflap. In the picture I posted earlier you will see that is any easy fix. Pulling a 8k pound trailer (bumper) the contis would break loose if you where in any kind of a hurry. At 8k miles they where getting bad...I babied them to 11k and switched to the Pro-Comp's. I get alot of complaments on them. We also carry the M/T's. They have Radial AT's in the same size, we can also get the Toyo's. We had a sale last month buy 3 get one free on the ProComps so I went with them. I like them. If you listen for them you can hear the tires, but they are not too loud at all. Then again I have 4" straight pipes. Havent had them off road yet, but should be good off road. I guess the Custom SCT didnt help the stock tires either lol.

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there any kinda of life expectancy for those extreme pro ats.... i might go for those if there cheaper then bfgs and last longer...im lookin for 35xxx 40xxx

DiscountPowerParts

SUPPORTING VENDOR
Reaction score
I have been told 30 to 35k miles if properly rotated. I know the way I drive and Im sure I wont get close to that lol

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
My Contis are the older ones that were not part of the recall. Maybe that's the reason they are wearing so well. As for the ride, hey, I'm driving a TRUCK! If I wanted a boulevard ride, I would have bought a Lincoln Town Car! :D

TexasCanesFan

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
DiscountPowerParts said:
The Pro-Comp tires handle just fine. They get a little side to side around 90mph If your on it hard and the road isnt pertectly smooth.

Tire: 33/13.50 R18; Procomp Xtreme AT; Directional; All Terrain; 4 Rib Design; Load Range E; Max Load Lbs 3525

They are on stock rims and slightly rub the inside corner of the mudflap. In the picture I posted earlier you will see that is any easy fix. Pulling a 8k pound trailer (bumper) the contis would break loose if you where in any kind of a hurry. At 8k miles they where getting bad...I babied them to 11k and switched to the Pro-Comp's. I get alot of complaments on them. We also carry the M/T's. They have Radial AT's in the same size, we can also get the Toyo's. We had a sale last month buy 3 get one free on the ProComps so I went with them. I like them. If you listen for them you can hear the tires, but they are not too loud at all. Then again I have 4" straight pipes. Havent had them off road yet, but should be good off road. I guess the Custom SCT didnt help the stock tires either lol.

Are you running those at the factory ride height or did you have to put a levelling kit on it???

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
rray32539 said:
People say the engine sucks...I have no problems
People say the turbo is crap...I have no problems
And now people say the Contis suck and wear out by 21,000 miles...
WOW, mine still look like new and I'm pushing 23,000 miles.

Is my truck charmed?:dunno
Same here, when I got the lift at around 11,000 the Conti's looked brand new, maybe me and rayray got a lucky batch :dunno

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
rray32539 said:
My Contis are the older ones that were not part of the recall. Maybe that's the reason they are wearing so well. As for the ride, hey, I'm driving a TRUCK! If I wanted a boulevard ride, I would have bought a Lincoln Town Car! :D
Ditto.

Damn RayRay you're on a roll today! (I've been talking in rhyme a lot lately, not on purpose either :dunno )

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58