to upgrade or not

NDsuperduty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you are running the semi tires on the 22.5" wheels the upgrade would be 100% cosmetic and would not help with your tire life. To run the semi tires you will will need atleast a 6" list or 8" for some trucks, which as stated before is not that practical while pulling a gooseneck.

Another thing to consider is that even if you could get the semi tires/wheels and not be too high for a GN, your fuel mileage will be worse compared to your stock 32-33" tire size. The additional fuel you would be purchasing would easily take up any money you would be saving from additional tire life.

In Conclusion, if you are doing it for practical purposes then its not a great idea.

I would also like to add, that a semi driver has told me you would probably sustain significant damage to your fenders if you ever had a blowout,compared to the blowout of a standard tire.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With 22.5 wheels all he can get are truck tires. The guys running truck type 22" wheels (which are actually turned down semi wheels) can get the lo pro rubber for them.

With a 6" lift and 36" truck tires you can pretty much forget about a GN or Fiver.

On my semis they would last about 150k - 200k on the drives, on the steer axle only last about 80k - 120k on average.

And yes when they blow out at 110 PSI they take everything in their path .... Tool boxes, fenders, mudflaps, wiring, valves off fuel tanks, fuel lines, battery boxes etc.... Don't ask me how I know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg