TOO FRIGGIN HOT!!

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
You know its hot when..................

Play Ground Burns Due To Spontaneous Combustion

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) - Fire that destroyed a school playground in Arlington led district officials to close 20 others for safety reasons.

Officials blame last Thursday's fire on spontaneous combustion of the decomposing wood fiber surface of the playground at Anderson Elementary School.

Security video from the school showed the fire breaking out, with no sign of arson or other vandalism.

Authorities say recent heavy rain left some material soaked, then it began decomposing in this month's hot weather.

Superintendent Mac Bernd says pea gravel will replace the wood chips on those playgrounds.

The changes are expected to be made within two weeks, as Texas children prepare to return to classes August 27th.

Tbar

kbud14

I will never learn
Reaction score
Yup thats hot. This happens when wet hay is put in barns, but i would never thought that a playground could catch on fire like that.

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Lance,

I heard about that, and was SHOCKED!

BUT it Can happen for sure!

I was driving back from Springfield, MO on saturday and in places, it said it was over 110*!!!!!!!!!

It is HOT for sure in Dallas, but this is the norm for August in Texas.

Now, the weekend is looking good, should only be in the low 90's, VERY NICE weather :D

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
You know its hot when..................

Play Ground Burns Due To Spontaneous Combustion

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) - Fire that destroyed a school playground in Arlington led district officials to close 20 others for safety reasons.

Officials blame last Thursday's fire on spontaneous combustion of the decomposing wood fiber surface of the playground at Anderson Elementary School.

Security video from the school showed the fire breaking out, with no sign of arson or other vandalism.

Authorities say recent heavy rain left some material soaked, then it began decomposing in this month's hot weather.

Superintendent Mac Bernd says pea gravel will replace the wood chips on those playgrounds.

The changes are expected to be made within two weeks, as Texas children prepare to return to classes August 27th.

Tbar

WOW, thats amazing.
blowupsmilie.gif

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
Longtime no see Jamie! Hope ya'll been in the cool in Socal:sweet

Hey Bill.

Yeah I try to stay in the A/C but I've been spending a lot of time outside lately here at work. I'ts been a fairly decent summer so far so a week or so of this hot crap is not so bad. I just wish we could get a bit of rain some time soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14