Towing mirrors?? Need help!!!!

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
Whats the difference between 04, 05 Mirrors. The ones on E-bay for 158.95 are the ones I have my eye on. They say they will only fit up to an 04. But I am sure they will fit an my 05 all I have is a power sport paddle mirror(refer to avatar) no light. If you know of any better deals or have suggestions what you all would do let me know. Sure I would want the heated, turn signals but do not want to spend 300+. Thanks

Last edited:

dboyw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess is the connector to plug them into the truck. Somewhere there was a change in the style.

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
The ones on Ebay say that they are a round plug, eluding to that there is a square one. Does anyone know what mine is?

Flopster843

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If yours doesn't have lighted mirrors, then the plug might not be there. Most of the stuff is plug and play on these trucks, however, where exactly did they stop the wires at?:dunno Best thing I would think to do would be to pull yours off and see if you even have the plug pre-installed. It might be more work than you think.

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
Mine are paddel stlye and they are power mirrors. These on ebay are towing style mirrors and are power only as well so I was thinking they would fit and have the same connector. I guess maybe Ill have to pry mine off and see.

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
I just pulled mine off and all that I see is wires I cant see the connector if there is one. The mirror (paddle) is riveted I wont beable to get it apart unless I ruin it. The connector might be in the door. But dont see it anywhere either.
I dont know. Get the power towing mirrors for 158.95 and hope there is a way to connect them or get the towing mirrors without power for 119.00 and cut the current wires I got running to the mirror and tape them off. Either way I need a little bit more mirror then I have. I do not want to run those vibrating strap-ons.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the connector must be down in the door...youve got to be able to pull
the mirrors off (no matter the type...paddle or extendable/tow) w/out
busting the glass each time.

the 99's were extendable and werent lit w/ led's for parking/turn.

i THINK in 00 or 01 they went to extendable towing mirrors
and in 04 (maybe 03 too) they added the leds for park/turn

in 05 or 06 they reduced the number of LED's for park/turn

i dont know at what point they became HEATED and i DONT know
if the heat is w/in the same plug as the power/adjust and turn signal...

the BOLTS etc that hold the mirror to the door should be the same from
99-07 and even the 08s will mount to an older truck

whens the auction end ? ill pull my door apart tomorrow and find
the plug type and number and report back to you if it helps.

when you get your FORD OEM extendable mirrors plan to spend
another 30 bucks for the C-BETR add ons
once i installed mine i NEVER took 'em off (like i thought i would)

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. They are on e-bay all the time. I just was going on another camping trip this weeKend and wanted to get them ordered and installed before I left. I just sold a hitch so I finally have the cash to get them. I waited quite a while!! I am going to the dealer in the morning anyway to get my wif sensor and the new fuel heater. I will ask them. (If they know:roflmao ) Thanks for offering to look though. I really like those blind spot mirrors, Ill be getting some of those. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58