Towing mirrors?? Need help!!!!

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Boadie, you should have the square (actually rectangular) plug, the round one one was used on the earlier models of SD's. it is down behind the door panel, need to pull the panel off to get to it.
You should have all the wires in the door already for the mirrors. Just pull off one of your door panels and find the plug going to the mirror. If it only has 3 wires, you will need to run some to get lights and heat hooked up. If there are several more than 3 wires, (can't remember the exact #) you are all set. (My truck was this way)
Take another hard look at Dfuser's 08 mirror setup here. For $429 delivered, you will have brand new ORIGINAL FORD '08 mirrors. Most, if not all the ones on Ebay are cheaper imitations of the OEM. Dfuser has the wiring all figured out for you, takes maybe an hour or 2 max to install. You WILL NOT need the c-betr mirrors with these.
They are also like 2" wider on each side than the older ones IIRC.
Oh, now i see you don't want to spend the $300 plus. Oh well maybe I can change your mind :sly

Edit: I see you're in CO, you would really like to have heated mirrors out there (I'm in WI) it seems when those mirrors are so far out from the truck they just never will stay thawed out in the wintertime...

oh and here's a pic..
View attachment 5789

Last edited:

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
I just got back from the dealer, I have had an appointment for a week and they failed to order the WIF sensor and the fuel heater. I hate them. I told them that my mirror is cracked also and I wanted them to order me in some towing mirrors (for free) instead of the paddel mirrors. Then I listed every single time they messed up when I came in for warranty (which is every single darn time) work. They said they will call me. Crossing my fingers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14