Towing mpg

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
f100cleveland said:
Here are the pics of the Bronco on its side.

good thing that white powdery stuff was there to soften the roll :D

oh and i get 11 mpg towing mostly at 70 mph not great but better than my 92

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought it was, "You want pancakes with that?"[/IHOP]

Looks like you're falling into the mainstream of the mileage reports and am hoping I can report the same when I back under the 31' Kit 5-er that will put me in the neighborhood of 23K GCVW. I'm still getting 12 one fill-up, 13 the next, with the 7500# loaded car hauler out on the superslabs at 70-75 mph. 16 deadhead. My gasser was getting 8-10 with the car hauler; less than 5 with the 5-er, and 15 deadhead.

I've seen so many reports in this range for stock F-350 6-spd CrewCab 4x4 duallies w/3.73s I'm skeptical of radically better mileage reports. My truck's stock performance is more than just acceptable for me....I don't see any savings advantage in mods at this point other than the Hutch Mod from a preventive maintenance standpoint.

HCAbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I havent towed anything big yet, but in May when I go get my Jeep in PA, I will be bringing it down on a trailer, so I get around 14 on the highway now, but I am figuring the milage will be 10 or so. I am running a 4:30LS rear end, so I am anxious how it will do.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
f100 - heck of a shot there !!!!!!!! :)

is that you hanging out the drivers door to see how far ya gotta jump :) :)
or at least keeping it from rollin more :)

Never take the easy side of the trail do you ? :)

AH, fresh virgin powder, never know if a 6 foot deep hole is hidden under there :)

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
s d mills said:
I thought it was, "You want pancakes with that?"[/IHOP]

Looks like you're falling into the mainstream of the mileage reports and am hoping I can report the same when I back under the 31' Kit 5-er that will put me in the neighborhood of 23K GCVW. I'm still getting 12 one fill-up, 13 the next, with the 7500# loaded car hauler out on the superslabs at 70-75 mph. 16 deadhead. My gasser was getting 8-10 with the car hauler; less than 5 with the 5-er, and 15 deadhead.

I've seen so many reports in this range for stock F-350 6-spd CrewCab 4x4 duallies w/3.73s I'm skeptical of radically better mileage reports. My truck's stock performance is more than just acceptable for me....I don't see any savings advantage in mods at this point other than the Hutch Mod from a preventive maintenance standpoint.

my moms 350 crew cab single wheel pulling here 10k carney food trailer gets 11-12 depending on here left foot she runs an 04 6.0 with 373 gears

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
I was trying to avoid the log sticking out the the bank from taking out my side windows and slipped into the gulley. I had just installed a front cage section to my roll bar and almost got to check it out.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HCAbowman said:
I havent towed anything big yet, but in May when I go get my Jeep in PA, I will be bringing it down on a trailer, so I get around 14 on the highway now, but I am figuring the milage will be 10 or so. I am running a 4:30LS rear end, so I am anxious how it will do.
It's been awhile since I've towed my 27 ft 5th wheel, but the last time I did, I got around 11 mpg with my PSD, all stock, no mods. It'll get 20-21 on a trip, empty. That trip was two years ago from DFW to New Orleans and back via US 69, I 20, I 49, and I 10. Of course, I 10 was a pain, felt like we were riding a "buckin' horse" part of the way.

BIGBLUECREW

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am averaging about 12 MPG at about 72mph towing about 7500lb car hauler.

Frank

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl