Towing

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
If you fill out your signature, you would not have to type this and other answers to the question "What do you drive?" Go to the USER CP above and click on Edit Signature and fill it out.

Dave :)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an early 99 Ford F 250 with a six speed transmission. It is a short bed extended cab four wheel drive. It is a great truck. I am 29 years old and plan on this truck being the last truck I ever buy. I take the best of care of it and want it to last as long as I do.

To make things easier.... Go to the Blue banner at the top of this page.. poke "User CP".. go to "Edit signature"... Type in all the stats about yer PSD.

Makes it easier for others to help you.. should you need it.. by knowing the basic info 'bout yer 250 ?

Joe

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
As per my signiture
I pull the 15,500 lbs 5er with my truck with the Hypertech E-Con set to level A/max.and on overdrive and cruise on all the time.
Get above 11 USGPG on long trips.
Whould never pull without it.
It rocks and no heat problems.

aklim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
8000# Toy Hauler with 2 ATV (1500# total), 100 gallons of water and other stuff in it.

Hypertech

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Mark6403av, You can pull the maximum weight that the manufacturer say you can on stage 3 with our Max Energy Programmer.

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Have always pulled with the max HP setting, always around 8 worst/ 13 best mpg. As your rig is similar to mine, keep an eye on the EGT's Make sure your boots are snug, a long hill with 20 + lbs of boost will help them find there way off the pipes... I Have a LOT of miles on the truck... More than 200,000 of those miles have been with it programmed in HP mode.

aklim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the DP-Tuner version is nicer. Push button and you are in a different mode. No need to load, reload, etc, etc. I have 2 tow tunes, one for if I am at a higher altitude and it gets too hot (real handy when I had a leak) and one regular tow tune. Both tow tunes have softer shifts than the 80 HP Econo. Best of all, when you make changes like I did with the Single Shot injectors, I can simply have it reburnt for that. With the canned tunes, you have what you have. IMO, it is like getting a suit for a 35YO male and guessing what he would wear as opposed to making a suit that will fit the customer.

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
The programers are units that program the truck control computers and the units that can change on the fly are just foulers that tricks the controls and do not provide proper protection and the driver will have to observe all the critical indicators such as temperature.

I have never experienced any temperature increase, hardly hear the cooling fan come on.
The fan came on one time and I noticed that my water level was low,
I had removed some water from the rad to work on the truck and did not put it back in.

aklim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The programers are units that program the truck control computers and the units that can change on the fly are just foulers that tricks the controls and do not provide proper protection and the driver will have to observe all the critical indicators such as temperature.

How did you figure that out? I know that is the opinion of the guy in the Powerstroke magazine but how did you come on that idea? A lot of the custom programmers have chips that override the program on the PCM. Now, if you are talking about Banks and his resister mod, sure.

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
I read Diesel Power magazine from cover to cover every month.
Lots of write up on the subject.

A programmer removes the Initial OEM Programing and replaces it, and a chip just fools it.
There is a big difference, Hypertech removes the OEM program and Installs a new program and that cannot be done on the fly.

I fooled my 6.5L GM diesel years ago and gained 40% or more on fuel millage by using a $3.25 Pot, but the turbo pressure had to be monitored closely so as not to allow the engine to defuel.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58