TPMS sys.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody run a TPMS sys. on the 5ther? I'm looking at getting one but have questions. Like what problem has anybody had, Like range.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't run them, have a few friends that use them and say they wouldn't be without them.
I have DRW on my truck so that puts the price up another 100 bucks or so.
Doug

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't run them, have a few friends that use them and say they wouldn't be without them.
I have DRW on my truck so that puts the price up another 100 bucks or so.
Doug

Times 2.

And.. the monitor unit would be yet Another thingy.. to mount on Dash ?

(wife sez my dash already looks like an Airliner Cockpit..:sly:lmao)

FWIW ? I shoot the tires with an Infrared thermometer now'n then (Rest stops & fuel ups) to see if any are running warmer than the others. (Hubs too sometimes ?)

:dunno

Joe

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking about it because of the tire blowning out thing, I have had having. I have all new tires now and the wife is ready to go camping. The cost of the tpms system would be well worth the buying compared to buying new tires on the road.

They let me keep the old tires, so I'm getting a new rim to have two spare tires.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes my Infrared thermometer rides in the left door all the time.
When you get away from those Chinabombs you should be fine.
Doug

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes my[ Infrared thermometer rides in the left door all the time.]
When you get away from those Chinabombs you should be fine.
Doug

X2 ;tu

235/10 plys, on 16 inch wheels did it for me. :dunno

[ Got stopped at a DUI check point once.. Pass side Cop said: Keep BOTH hands on the steering Wheel SIR !! What is that.. in the drivers door pocket ????? Told him... D-side Cop opened my door.. checked it out... said: We can't be TO carefull theze dayz.. Thank You Sir.. Have a Nice Night. ;):lmao]

I now carry it in the Bed Box :)

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 ;tu

235, 10 plys, on 16 inch wheels did it for me. :dunno

I looked at doing that but I don't have the clearance for the tires. My buddy came by and we put his tires on my camper. They fit, But I would have to rebuild the drainage valves area. Move everything about 6" away and open up the wheel well area too. Just more work then the camper is worth. Now I will pay more attention to the wheel area on a new camper. ;tu

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at doing that but I don't have the clearance for the tires. My buddy came by and we put his tires on my camper. They fit, But I would have to rebuild the drainage valves area. Move everything about 6" away and open up the wheel well area too. Just more work then the camper is worth. Now I will pay more attention to the wheel area on a new camper. ;tu

The 16 inch wheel is the key ? You wouldn't HAVE to go with 235's.. Maybe something with a smaller diameter.. that would give you the clearances you need... with at least a 10 ply, and higher Load Range ?

Just a thought.:dunno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58