Tranny Fluid

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
Is it best to change your self or get it flushed somewhere?
Seems to me if you would do it your self you would not near get it all out with out flushing it

Neal

aklim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you drain the TC and pan, you should get most of it. Of course, if you want to be anal about it, you can blow air thru the cooler lines.

JRJ04

Reaction score
that exactly what i did...got it all out and now have royal purple synthetic in there. A WORD TO THE WISE: if you do drain the TC, when refilling the tranny with fluid, after you get about 4-5 quarts in there, start the engine so that the fluid will begin to circulate through the cooler. IF you dont it will just fill up the pan and then overflow on you...trust me...it happened...and it was messy:rant

JSPulliam21

Uva Uvam Vivendo Vari Fit
Reaction score
There is a good write up on here somewhere about how to change your own fluid and get most of the old stuff out. I have used it twice, and it worked well. If you are going to change the fluid every 30k, watch your tranny temp(you do have a gauge, right?), and don't tow heavy go with the standard fluid. If you tow heavy, want the fluid to last longer, and aren't concerned with temps then go synthetic. DO NOT take your truck to have the trans flushed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58