Tranny leak in center

tropheus

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I was towing a tent trailer with a boat on about 2500 lbs then after about 40 minutes from to pickup spot to home at home there was a puddle it was a hot day 31 c
I am getting a tranny leak from the center of the pan I dont have a temp gauge and it gave me a couple of codes 02-P0478 and 01-P0470 I had the superchips on I put it back to stock fluid level seems fine
did it just overheat or is there more trouble it drives fine didnot notice any slip
Thanks

bdrummonds

Maximum Overdrive
Reaction score
those are not tranny codes. p-0470 exhaust back pressure sensor error. p-0478 exhaust back pressure control valve input high. I know the superchips will not unlock IDM codes or allow you to perform KOEO tests( buzz test etc..). Did the O/D lighton the gear shift flash at you at any point while towing? If so then the PCM would have stored a code. (its kinda like the SES light coming on, when it does there is a code stored)
My guess is that your tranny may have puked some fluid out of the vent tube maybe during manuevering the trailer.

tropheus

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey Thanks for the codes i dont know if the O/D light came on
I took it to a tranny place and they said the fluid was on the bottom of the stick and said it smelt burnt iam going to have a look at it tommorrow
Thanks for the reply bdrummonds

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58