Tranny??

01greensmoker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I was wondering who makes the best tranny rebuild kits for the 01. I have used ATS and Suncoast kits on the Allison's. They seem to both put out good stuff for the GM's but what about for the PS. Which should i use, or maybe someone else. ohh yeah it is a 350 with the auto tranny.

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll see anything about trannys will bring out opinions... There all great trannys ATS, BTS, Suncoast, Monster box...

I had mine built by a local guy, after rebuilding it twice, he got it right! Holding up to my 375hp towing everyday...

Theres no "magic" to building them... just a learning curve.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Agreed on the "no magic" part. But experience plays into it alot as does good, quality components. You try to go cheap on a tranny and it will cost you in the long run.

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Yeap,

You will just be doing it AGAIN!!!!!

TONS have found this out the HARD way with ATS and MonsterBox!!!! :eek: :rolleyes:

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big K said:
Yeap,

You will just be doing it AGAIN!!!!!

TONS have found this out the HARD way with ATS and MonsterBox!!!! :eek: :rolleyes:

Why??? WHY??? WHY??? does this always happen...

Have you run an ATS tranny? Has one failed on you??? I am happy that you love BTS, brian builds a great tranny...but he is not the only one.

I have seen a BTS tranny die, I have seen a ATS die, I have read about a monster box dieing...

They all stand behind there trannys if they fail, they all offer warrantys...

The roll eyes gets old...

So are you saying that Brian is the only person that has "experance" building a 4r100? heres your roll eyes:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :sweet

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Nope I ain't saying that Brian is the only one that can work on them.

I have seen more than a few ATS trannies DIE and that are poorly made!!!
(Fail because poorly put togeather and bad parts used)

And I have "HEARD" about MB trannies, and a few people that are having a hard time getting warrenty work done on them.

But ATS, BTS, MB and Suncoast are the MAJOR players in the E40D, 4R100 Tranny builders, and probably the most known.

But I will throw out other names.

I have heard good things from JOHN WOOD in CA and Richter69 in OK ;)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58