Tranny??

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Also,

A few members know on here that My BTS has failed before, but I push BTS because AFTER the sale and how everything is AFTER the fact.

(PLUS the tranny ROCKS :) )

Also,

I can give you quite a few names that have been UPSET with both ATS and MB Trannies, and they all end up going with BTS,Suncoast, John Wood, Richter69 or others that are known.

Can't give ya a SINGLE name that is UPSET OR MAD about EVER buying anything from BTS, If they are out there it is NEWS to me.

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big K said:
Nope I ain't saying that Brian is the only one that can work on them.

I have seen more than a few ATS trannies DIE and that are poorly made!!!
(Fail because poorly put togeather and bad parts used)

And I have "HEARD" about MB trannies, and a few people that are having a hard time getting warrenty work done on them.

But ATS, BTS, MB and Suncoast are the MAJOR players in the E40D, 4R100 Tranny builders, and probably the most known.

But I will throw out other names.

I have heard good things from JOHN WOOD in CA and Richter69 in OK ;)

ANd out of those trannys, how many were not repaired? How many were not taken care of... MB is a tough one, there CS sucks I will agree.

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
ATS????

At least few I know of did not warrenty because they thought they abused THEM!!!!

BTS tells ya to GIVE THEM ALL YA GOT!!!!

Here is a quote from ATS Warrenty on their Transmissions.
http://www.atsdiesel.com/PDF/Warranty 0803 A1.PDF

THE FOLLOWING IS NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY
This warranty shall not apply to any unit that has been improperly stored or installed; or to misapplication, improper
operating conditions, accidents, or neglect; or which has been improperly repaired or altered / maintained by the
owner or his agent/tech. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
1. Abuse resulting in broken, fractured, or sheared shafts/gears; burned up clutch packs/bands as a result of:
a. Sled pulling
b. Neutral drops
c. Any form of competition
d. Towing above the vehicles Gross Combination Weight Rating (GCWR)
2. Damaged geartrain due to insufficient lubrication as a result of:
a. Low fluid level
b. Improperly serviced transmission
c. Modifications to cooler system that is not approved by ATS (i.e., external transmission filter,
restricted cooler lines)
d. Non-updated pop in cooler lines (Dodge Specific: 94-98.5 must be upgraded to screw in cooler lines)
ATS will not pay for new ATF if the fluid is drained for repairs. If new ATF is to be installed, the customer will be
responsible for the cost.
ATS is not liable for any towing charges, travel/lodging expenses, or any other resulting charges due to the failure of
the transmission or torque converter.

If they THINK ya did ANY of that, They will DENY you. Many have been there, DONE THAT!!!!

So You be the Judge! :rolleyes:

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here comes another BTS bandwagon.... I am so sick of it... Done now...hum... Thanks...

96EDGEpsd

Welding/Fabrication
Reaction score
i give :thumbs for suncoast, my buddy has a stage IV in his duramax, and it does not lead an easy life, not a single problem with it...

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And no, I do not have an ATS, As I said... I gave a local guy a chance to build mine, He did it once is failed, did it again, it failed, third time he got it right. I know of three people in Bend that run ATS trannys, NO ISSUES... Must be a fluke

Been towing with it for 50,000 miles, hard on the 125 setting with 30% water-meth, several dyno pulls, and a Lead foot daily driver... I am happy, like I said its a learning process to build....

I agree that Brian has great CS, but how many trannys are out there with his name?

Compare that to ATS, Monster, Suncoast....

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
CSIPSD said:
I agree that Brian has great CS, but how many trannys are out there with his name?

More than you think ;)

Almost all the HIGH HP Diesels have them, even on the CUMMINS side!

With a few Suncoasts and John Woods thrown in ;)

Can't think of any HIGH HP that has a ATS or MB in it on the PSD side, I know of a few on the cummins side, (speaking in terms full race/comp trucks, which would VOID ATS warrenty, and having problems gettting any warrenty on MB side)

You put enough power to ANY Transmission, It will BREAK.

NO, NOT EVEN BTS, is Bulletproof ;)

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me think of one... The fastest 7.3... Snow white... ATS tranny... bbunting, one if not the highest HP 7.3 ATS tranny... Hum...

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Yeap, Forgot about David, He ran Suncoast for LONG time,
But is a dealer of ATS now. Hum...

BBunting aint' the highest 7.3, many are higher, And I thought He was running Suncoast???? or his own???

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14