Transmission go BOOM!

lifted_up

TractorMan
Reaction score
:( Well on the way home tonight, just a mile away from work, i started to get on it and the tranny went BOOM! :cussing: i could only coast to the side of the road and got towed home(5 more miles). So now i have to get a tranny this week. I have looked at Monsterbox, suncoast, ts performance, and am waiting for a price from BTS that i requested just yesterday. I'm in the Austin TX area. does anybody know of a great builder in this area? What about any kits available for a reputable builder to use. Where do I get a 6.0 cooler for a good price? I casn do the install myself although i will have to modify a jack due to the 8"'s of lift. I need as much info as possible as fast as i can as i really want to get on the road as soon as possible. How about a MOD party in Dripping Springs?:thumbs well i'll listen to what you guys can tell me and make my decision after that. how about the ATS trannys? any body got one?

Last edited:

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3800 bucks from BTS. Money well spent, and you wont regret it. Problem with BTS is, they are SOOOO good, and SOOO popular, he occasionally has a backorder. Best to call and confirm he can get it in the mail to you.

I've installed a BTS in a friends truck. Its suprisingly easy. 6 bellhousing bolts, crossmember, TC to flywheel nuts, unbolt the drivelines from the transfer case (dont even need to really remove them all the way) and out she comes. Oh, couple of electrical connectors and the shift linkage.

96EDGEpsd

Welding/Fabrication
Reaction score
i kno a guy who has a ATS in a duramax and its been rebuilt 3 or so times

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Ive also read some horror stories on the ATS. I have no personal experience with them though. BTS seems to be the medicine of choice when it comes to a bullet proof 4r100.

lifted_up

TractorMan
Reaction score
okay, i talked to Brian today at BTS and he is going to get one started for me. thanks for the insight guys!:sweet They went up a $100 the first of the year.

HTRDDSL

HTRDDSL
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Heard a lot of good things about BTS though. I bought my 6.0 cooler off Ebay. You can get them pretty reasonable off there now. Don't buy from the dealer cause they cost a fortune.:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14