Help Needed Transmission starting to go???

Robert Carl

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My truck just started doing the same thing. Did you find a fix for yours? I would like to here what it was. I just replaced the shift seloniod pack, this improved the shift problem but I still have a problem with the shift from 2 to 3 just as you described.

mmr67350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have an 01 PSD and my torque converter went out at 65,000 and I had it replaced and also rebuilt at the time. I now have 93,000 on it and the converter is slipping bad, any ideals of what converter to buy that can hold up. I got a 100 horse programmer and exhaught and intake and I'm not easy on it at all.

Powerstrokebloke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well after draining, and flushing the box, it seems pretty good, but have not given it enough of a workout to really see if it has cured itself. I will have the trailer on in the next few days to see how it goes.
There are some pics of my truck in one of my previous posts, as well as some of my other Fords.

I will keep you posted.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 01 PSD and my torque converter went out at 65,000 and I had it replaced and also rebuilt at the time. I now have 93,000 on it and the converter is slipping bad, any ideals of what converter to buy that can hold up. I got a 100 horse programmer and exhaught and intake and I'm not easy on it at all.

anything other than a stock or stock equivalent converter. I have one I purchased from richter69 that came from ultimate converter concepts in CT, I'm quite pleased with it and it is holding up to my stage one injectors rather well.

Suncoast converters is known for very good converters and excellent transmissions if it comes to that. ps they are expensive

The traditional converter upgrade is the precision industries stallion converter which also carries a healthy price tag.

As for what converter to get (and/or transmission) it all depends on what you do and want to do with your truck and what mods you have and want.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58