trany time (again)

Earnies2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well out plowing and startted having problems....whean in reverse it felt like my brakes were sticking....than i notested in neteral the truck was chuggoin foward... so i took it easy for the rest of the storm and than pulled the unit....this is the 4 th unit ai have put in my truck 2 under waurentee The shop that did the last 3 I deceided not to give him #4 also whean i did #3 i told him to do any upgrades or mods we thought i needed he said he put all steal bearings, a shift kit and Billet converter ......well to my suprise whean the new shop took it apart he found alumiumn howsings on the gears not steel and a forged iron converter ......he rebiult the unit with 6 gear steel gears...a new billet steel drum...kevlar clutches..new steels..shift kit and triple disc billet converter..I saw all the new parts before thay installed them ..well all i have to do is install it...I also found an oil leak on the back of my motor its the oil gally plug on the drivers side and my ebp valve on my turbo pedistel is leaking at the rod...so i think i will pull the turbo and take care of the leaks while im there...I also notest the fuel line at the back of the head on the drivers side is crimped......more work.....:rant

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
earnie.spend the money and get one of the good one that are sold through the venders here!!!quit wasting time and money especially since you use your truck for work.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
you remember my ramptruck right?its now a 5 speed.had the auto in and out around 10 times cuz local tranny shope wore they could rebulid it.the pickup has the monsterbox in it.the tranny in the ramp was a ford reman and i got 5 years out of it with only 1 fluid and filter change and yes i said 1 fluid and filter change.i put 100,000 miles on it since i bought it.so i think a ford reman may be good for you.

Earnies2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at the trany shops on the sites i belong to Brians is highley recomended... But i have a problemI use my truck for work and if it goes down time is money and the time to send a unit back to the builder and have him fix it and send it back to me is too long... I got my trany back in 1 day because he had every thing in stock to do an E4OD I dont really need a monster box i use the truck for work with the exception of a programer and exhaust work she is stock... And i saw what he put in to it the 6 gear steel planets new sun gear, the new foward drum the kevlar high energy clutches and the tripple disc billet converter..I think this one should do the trick.....and a fast turn around and the shop has a good rep .......I am totally pissed off at the other shop i trusted him to do what was right and he didnt......thats too bad for him because i usually send him trany work ....not any more.....:rant

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I looked at the trany shops on the sites i belong to Brians is highley recomended... But i have a problemI use my truck for work and if it goes down time is money and the time to send a unit back to the builder and have him fix it and send it back to me is too long..

In the long run it is much quicker to send it to Brian's once than to take it to the local builder multiple times.

Earnies2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find it hard to beleive that thay are the only people in the contry that are cappable to rebuild a trany....Maby thay are experts at 500 horse units or hypo units but mine is almost stock work truck....no nitrus...propane....stage stock injectors......i beleive the upgrades i have done should be more than enough to handle my work load.....

dpantazis

Reaction score
i am pretty sure that brian's will drop ship/cross ship a rebuilt tranny to you so you don't have too much down time. you install the one he sends you and then you send the old one back.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I find it hard to beleive that thay are the only people in the contry that are cappable to rebuild a trany...
BTS isnt the only one, but they are one of the few that takes the time to do it right and install the correct upgrade parts to keep a tranny together. You might look for a better shop locally than the one you have been using.

i beleive the upgrades i have done should be more than enough to handle my work load.....

But to date, it hasnt.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find it hard to beleive that thay are the only people in the contry that are cappable to rebuild a trany....

I'm thinking it's History lesson, on SDD and other Diesel sites... with Brain's re-builds. Seems Historically, if you send an Auto tranny to Brain.. ONCE.. yul get it back ONCE.. and be DONE with any tranny issues from these High Torque motors.

A Do it Once, Do it Right and be Done with it.. Thing ?

Earnies2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am pretty sure that brian's will drop ship/cross ship a rebuilt tranny to you so you don't have too much down time. you install the one he sends you and then you send the old one back.

Im sure he will but what if you have a problem...than you have to pull it and send it back i'm willing to bet you it takes a week to get the trany delivered to you initally.....a week is a long time for me...not to mention the money i loose not working...I pulled my trany monday afternoon and got it back wensday at noon the shop put new drums high energy kevlar clutches and steels 6 berring steel planets shift kit and tripple plate billet converter I put the trany in yesterday and i can honestally say i have never had my truck shift this good.....I am verry happy....I also notised the wishbone fuel line at the back of the head was completley chrushed it had to have been done at the last trany job...thay pulled the unit....Its not leaking but its not happy...looks like i will be pulling the turbo .......:dizzy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58