trany time (again)

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Im sure he will but what if you have a problem...than you have to pull it and send it back i'm willing to bet you it takes a week to get the trany delivered to you initally

If you think your tranny is your issue, give BTS a call yesterday............ time is money? Cant blame that on anybody trying to serve you if they dont know you needed a tranny yesterday.

You WILL NOT have an issue with one of Brians trannys that will result in shipping parts or units back and forth so....... buy with confidence. , the only issues I have heard of so far are guys pushing + 1000 hp/ unmeasurable tq #'s.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
trannies can be shipped over night.

who did you use and who were you using?

too me its ford or a site vender.plowing will kill it quick.i killed my stocker in less than a week with a chip in the dually.

Earnies2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you think your tranny is your issue, give BTS a call yesterday............ time is money? Cant blame that on anybody trying to serve you if they dont know you needed a tranny yesterday.

You WILL NOT have an issue with one of Brians trannys that will result in shipping parts or units back and forth so....... buy with confidence. , the only issues I have heard of so far are guys pushing + 1000 hp/ unmeasurable tq #'s.

I think you are missing the point...The facts are 1, Time It probbly takes a day or two for brian to build a unit for you, than comes the trucking co from Lead Hill, AR to boston has to cost $250 and has to take 3-5 days unless you want to pay some ungodley amount of money for overnight than you have to pay freight to return your core......I never said that Brians trany wasent a superier unit I mearley stated the time it takes to get a unit and the additional expense Dosent work for me....I had the shop install the upgrades that the other trany shops do..high energy kevlar clutches 6 pinion steel gears,new billet foward drum,and triple disc billet converter and i got it back in a 1 1/2 days and i was up and running down time for me is no good remember its a work truck...No truck No work No money......:dizzy

Earnies2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
trannies can be shipped over night.

who did you use and who were you using?

too me its ford or a site vender.plowing will kill it quick.i killed my stocker in less than a week with a chip in the dually.

Rich i was using Lee Miles I was friends with the owner he did 3 units 2 of them under my waurentee....I thought he was ok but he wasent big on mods he beleives that a stock with the exception of a shift kit and billet converter was the way to go...I was happy with that....Until this wone went and i discovered he charged me for a billet converter and didnt put one in....and also found 4 gear alumiumn planets not 6 gear steal The new shop i use to use for my tranys but i stoped because he didnt do forign tranys and did'nt do waurentee work (the father ownedit then and now the son ownes it) the son does all the work now and he pointed out all the problems amd sujested all the upgrades......I have never had a trany shift so good in thus truck since i bought it.....I am verry happy with "SAVEON" trany's ;tu

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
i spent more time pulling and replaceing mine than i did driving the truck after the cheapy tranny shop rebuild.i will never do it again,not even for a customer.its either 1 of these monsters from the vendors here or a ford tranny.

the last time it went i made it to my parents house.i pulled in the driveway slamed the door went inside screamin and yelling.my mother thought i was have a bad anxiety attack :eek:.then i went straight to the garage and dropped the auto and hD THE 5 SPEED IN IT in about 1 1/2 hours.i still need some parts though as my main parts came from an 88 and mine is a 94.2 days and it was back on the road with a 5 speed in it and a smile on my face,:D

Earnies2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to see you moved.....I moved my summer home from Ceaderville to SuttonMA on lake Manchaug.......You know we probabbly pas each other a couple times a week............

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
If you are plowing with a chip, you must go with a high dollar tranny like BTS. Crumm is correct, as usual.

Dave

Earnies2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well Crum you do make sence.....but 2 of them were under waurentee and this site wasent in excestance the third one was a year and a half ago...almost same situation could'nt have any down time got it done in 2 days and thay did the R&R....and this one was the same only I did the R&R... If I thought it through when I replaced the body and did all the rebuild that would of been the time for a BTS trany...But things dont always work out the way we want.....any way tis done and i"m happy with the rebuild.......lets stop beating a dead horse.....:dizzy

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg