Travel Trailer Show & Tell

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bama;

Be content on what you can afford right now. If you look closely, us guys with the larger more expensive 5th wheels, are retired older people, who have had many years to accumulate the money for our rigs. When we were your age, we used tents, small used trailers etc. because that is what we could afford at the time. Your time will come. I have younger friends who have all the biggest and best toys, and some of them are one paycheck away from bankruptcy.
Some our most treasured trips were done with an 1969 Ford F100 with a cabover camper, Ice box (no frig in those days) port-a-poty, no heating system....
BUT we had fun...
You do not need to have a $250,000 diesel pusher motorhome to have fun.
A VW bug and a tent works fine.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Bama;

Be content on what you can afford right now. If you look closely, us guys with the larger more expensive 5th wheels, are retired older people, who have had many years to accumulate the money for our rigs. When we were your age, we used tents, small used trailers etc. because that is what we could afford at the time. Your time will come. I have younger friends who have all the biggest and best toys, and some of them are one paycheck away from bankruptcy.
Some our most treasured trips were done with an 1969 Ford F100 with a cabover camper, Ice box (no frig in those days) port-a-poty, no heating system....
BUT we had fun...
You do not need to have a $250,000 diesel pusher motorhome to have fun.
A VW bug and a tent works fine.

thanks max for the advice. you are exactly right. something small like this one is right up our alley. like i had said in a previous post, just a place to lay our heads at night is what we would like to have, and you know eat breakfast at in the morning, and then we head out & stay gone all day soakin up the sights & sounds of where ever we go on vacation.

:thumbs

atk

Reaction score
some of my best camping/fishing trips stayed in a tent, it is all i had the time, but had alot of fun....do plan on getting a trailer in the future, nothing to fancy....:thumbs

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
one thing to keep in mind about my sitiation. as a kid growing up, we were not the camping type. my dad was a busy used car dealer, and on the go alot.

so our vacations consisted of goin to dallas, tx 4 or 5 times a summer with him. he bought & sold at the "bid d" dallas auto auction every wednesday for the sale. so we would go with him, and he would get us a car to drive, and me, my sister,and my mother would go shopping at the six flags over tx mall, and to other places.

we did try rv'g once, down at the guntersville lake. we got down there, set everything up, and really didnt know what to do, so we packed up after a few hours and went back home. :roflmao

NOW, that i have my own family, i would like to do that kinda stuff with my kids.

as far as camping out in tent, i wouldn't know where to start. i have NO, and i mean NO knowledge with stuff like that. having NEVER done it before.

SO, the next best thing,would be a small TT like the one my cousin bought.

in due time, in due time. :thumbs

atk

Reaction score
it does make it easier with a trailer and you can have just as much fun....plus you have have more protection in a trailer when a severe thunderstorm blows through and all you have is some material help with poles for protection....been there....well gotta go and de-ice my truck....:cussing:

BEECHBM69

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I bought this little jewel for $900 as an experiment to see if I liked doing the trailer camping thing. I intended to sell it and buy something nicer if I liked it. That was almost 8 years ago. My money spent to fun had ratio is way up there now :D

2850579880057910484frrSWr_th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a kid <in Boy Scouts> i camped no less than once a
month...not to mention summer hikes <50-75miles>.

i STILL am burnt out on camping (25yrs later)...i do it w/
my boys (again in Scouts) but for me i want a full blown
MOTOR COACH...MCI, Prevost some big ass 500hp diesel pusher
towing a 2story 28ft <paint> matching toy hauler !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58