Trevor Bayne wins Daytona 500

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
A new guy, in his only second race in the Sprint Cup Division, wins the Daytona 500 NASCAR Race. He is the youngest driver to win, at 20 years old.

Dave :clap:

Last edited:

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was a great win. I'm sure he'll be running more Sprint Cup races than previously planned now. If you notice, he didn't get any points for winning since NASCAR is now requiring the drivers to race for points in only one series. Tony Stewart didn't get any points for winning the Nationwide race yesterday. This win was also great for the Wood Brothers team. They've been around for a long time and have worked with limited funding. Hopefully this will be a big boost to their program.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I don't see Trevor dethroning Jimmy Johnson. We is not going to run a full schedule, at least not at this moment. I hope he will.

Dave

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I like the old nascar when cars were actually cars. It was before my time but still love seein the old cars runnin. Its no fun anymore. I heard there was a HUGE wreck this time though? Love me a wreck hehe

commanderjjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The local boy did good:sweet. I know Trevor's parents and he's a good kid. This will probably open a lot of doors for him.:cool:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I am very sure this will be everything that Trevor had dreamed of, and more!! I am glad someone here has personal knowledge of this man. :thumbs

Dave :)

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The local boy did good:sweet. I know Trevor's parents and he's a good kid. This will probably open a lot of doors for him.:cool:
I saw his mom being interviewed after the race. She seemed like a really nice person and was still in shock over the victory. I think she was hoping he'd finish the race and had no idea he'd win it. Another note: besides him being the youngest person to win the 500, he's also the first person (other than Lee Petty's win on the inaugural 500) to win it on his first try.

Regarding dethroning Johnson, I know that Bayne won't do it, but hopefully someone else will. My bet would be for Carl Edwards or Kevin Harvick to do it. Kyle Busch is also a good possibility, but you just never know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58