Trevor Bayne wins Daytona 500

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw Trevor on some of the pre-race stuff on "Speed".. Had a feeling he could go somewhere in NASCAR.. sure nuf.. he did. And it wasn't a Fluke.. he ran a real smart race, and managed to stay out'a the wrecks.

Thought it was kinda cool.. when he didn't know Where To Go.. Or what To Do.. when he WON.

I'll Betcha he'll go places. Seems to be a very "Collected".. young man.

Being a Race Fan.. I'm Real Happy for the Wood Brothers TOO. :sweet

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was fun to watch him after the win.

Can someone tell me why it shows a g00se egg in points for him after the win?

When he signed on for a Limited* (race) season... he elected to have all his Points to go to his Nation Wide standings Bama. He Qualified for the 500 but...... Had No Idea he'd Win It.. as a Rookie.

*Due to Money/Sponsorship constraints.

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
He is not signed up to run the Sprint Cup schedule at the moment. If you are not full time in the Sprint Cup, you don't accumulate points for the Cup.

Dave

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I didnt get to watch the race but I did look at the coverage on the net and Ford took top 3 spots! yee haww:oval. Nice to see Wood Brothers Racing gettin a win. They've been in it a long time! Fords 600th win!

police stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as the FORD guys or Jack Roush racing stay on the podium Im a happy person the hell with Jimmy Johnson someone needs to knock him off the post.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as the FORD guys or Jack Roush racing stay on the podium Im a happy person the hell with Jimmy Johnson someone needs to knock him off the post.

I agree.

Regarding the points system. The same thing happened with Tony Stewart in the Nationwide race as with Trevor Bayne in the 500. NASCAR is only letting the drivers pick one series for points, either Nationwide or Sprint Cup. They're doing this to give the younger guys a chance to win a Nationwide championship. Trevor Bayne opted to go with points in the Nationwide series because he will run a full schedule with Roush/Fenway and only a limited schedule with the Wood Brothers in Sprint Cup racing. He seems like "his head is screwed on the right way".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58