Trip is over....

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got a call that the wife's favorite niece is in the hospital in Reno with Ovarian Cancer. She has been operated on, but does not look good. Wife is in tears. We head for Reno tomorrow. :(

Maybe next year. Besides being sick, we have had a great time.

Hoss6.9

Born to Diesel!
Reaction score
Bad Situation Lloyd!

Hey Lloyd!

Sorry to hear of the illness! We will definitely miss out on seeing you all, but you've got to go where the situation demands. Again - I (we) are so sorry to hear of this. Please know that our thoughts and prayers go out to your wife's niece and family and also to you all. And also travel mercies go with you on your trip to Reno my friends! I will be up for a little bit yet.
Hope talk with you soon!

Your friends in Indiana!

The Notestine family!

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you didn't get to run all your destinations but when family calls you gotta go,have a safe trip west Lloyd!;tu

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear that Max. But it's understood.. Ya gota Do whats Right. Have a SAFE trip back to Reno.

Joe

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys...

As we get older, more of the family is having medical problems.
Before we left we had discussed what if her 87 year old mother was to get ill, but never thought about our niece (32 years old). We lost two of our close friends to cancer last year. Cancer is a horrible disease.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Yeah, Lloyd..
keep it upright & between the ditches..
try again later..
America will wait.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I would like to say that I am sorry for your wife's nieces troubles. I wish you and her all of the luck.

Dave

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear of Mrs Maxtor's niece's problems and you folks needing to cut short your trip. We all know how long you've been planning for your cross-country adventure and how much you had been looking forward to it.

I'll say a prayer for recovery to health for Mrs Maxtor's niece. If that isn't likely, may her remaining time be as comfortable as possible and may she be surrounded by many friends & family.

If you are able to resume your trip later on, just remember I'll still have that "Big Gulp" waiting for you. :sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58