Trip is over....

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone;

We decided that we will make the trip some other time. Reno to home is 200 miles. Our house sitter has the shingles. With us getting food poisoning, a tornado going 3 miles south of our camp site in Pawhuska when we were there, our house sitter has the shingles, our niece is in the hospital.... I think someone is trying to tell us something....
We are in the Double Nickel campground in Nebraska. They have wifi, which is nice.

Thanks again everyone.

Maxtor

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lloyd, you know that you and Joan will be in our prayers,
along with the niece. Sometimes things just don't work
the way we have them planed.
Be safe on the roads.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of all of your troubles, Lloyd. Have a safe trip home and best of thoughts about your wife's niece.

God bless all of you.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about all your troubles. My prayers are with you. Sad part is, everything happens for a reason. Always remember that God never gives a person more than they can handle.

Hoss6.9

Born to Diesel!
Reaction score
Talked with Maxtor last nite.....

He said to let everyone know that they were all good and still in their travels towards Reno, NV.... Hitting there 250 miles a day. He sounded really tired from hitting the road so hard and said that he wouldn't be on for a while. Until they got to a point as to where he could rest and catch up on everything. They still have - I think atleast a hard week on the road to get to Calif. And not too sure how long their stay will be in Reno. They didn't have any new information on their niece as of last nite. So everyone please give them your thoughts and prayers. And send up the travel mercies for them too. He will be back soon. But, not before some hard miles,tough times, and alot of rest.

Thank You all on their behalf for all of the thoughts and prayers so far. And please keep them on your mind.

Maxtor (Lloyd), Mrs. Maxtor and Luke....

Hoss & family in Indiana.....

Last edited:

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the nice words.

We are resting in a campground in Chappell, Nebraska
Thought that you guys would like to hear about this....

We were cruising down I-80 at 64 mph 1750 rpm with cruise control on in 6th gear, when a Dodge pulling a 5th wheel went by us at about 75 mph. A little while later going up a steep hill, I see the trucks in front of us going around this same Dodge, and we are closing fast. I thought I would add injury to insult by dropping down into 5th gear and increased our speed to 75 mph and going around the Dodge and both big rigs before I slowed back down to 64 mph. I told the wife to take a picture of the dodge, but we were going by him so fast she only got the front of the truck. :lmao

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58