Truck broken in to...do I need to replace the door?

fgtex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

The screwdriver wielding bandits got me last night.-mad
My question is, does the door need to be replaced. Trying to decide if I need to report it to the insurance company or if the repair/replacement would be less that my deductible.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
get an estimate first... then decide.

three step paint can be kinda esspensive...

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
hmmmmmm makes me wonder if............ you took the leads from a live stock Electric fence, and clipped it to your truck..... if a:the electronics would survive.... b:if youd remember to unhook in the a:m before you try to leave

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one of those on my passenger side door. It came that way when I bought it. I'm sorry to hear of the incident, Fernando.

fgtex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bartman said:
I have one of those on my passenger side door. It came that way when I bought it. I'm sorry to hear of the incident, Fernando.

Did you just leave yours with the gap in it or have you fixed it?

police stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats sucks man I have a drivers rear door with that same mod....ha lol.. well I just touched mine up and lived with it. Also go by www.EarlOwens.com or go by their shop in Downtown Dallas on Hall and Elm Street. They have a metal plate that bolts onto the inside of the panel so they cant break in again. Good luck

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fgtex said:
Did you just leave yours with the gap in it or have you fixed it?

I left it. I believe that someone also broke something off in the lock cylinder on that side as well...lol...so it's screwed all around. I may take the time one of these days and touch it up/bend it back, but it hasn't been high up on the list.

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
police stroker said:
Thats sucks man I have a drivers rear door with that same mod....ha lol.. well I just touched mine up and lived with it. Also go by www.EarlOwens.com or go by their shop in Downtown Dallas on Hall and Elm Street. They have a metal plate that bolts onto the inside of the panel so they cant break in again. Good luck

I guess I should look into this for future protection now that the truck is mine and has my crap in it.

KY-LX

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
mine is that way also the power door lock dont work on that side either the truck pervious owner didnt pay the bill and it was repoed so i say it happened then

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58