Help Needed truck sputters when cold and has tons of new parts what is wrong?

Rev AutoWorks

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
OH that is real bad
He change the egr cooler or delete it?
If you are lucky that is the blockage at this point.if not oh boy

Rev AutoWorks

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
That's the general notion.
Just curious, how does an oil cooler plug on a new engine? This a reman? If so, from where? Of course, unless there was plenty of nasty left in you cooling system when everything was put together.
Anyways, sounds like you will oil coolering it. Intake gaskets are technically reusable, I generally don't. Easy to mis where they got nicked on the way out.lol
3C3Z 6A642 CA Oil cooler kit I use
3C3Z 9439 BH Intake kit I use
Also make sure you are running a Motorcraft oil filter and OE cap.
Depending on your plans and such, there is a kit to make the cooler and filter remote, move them out at the bumper area. Not neccesary, but some prefer it for servicability and all that.

fordforlife

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
the motor came out of a wrecked 04. it had almost 20,000 miles on it with no problems when it got struck by a semi. and while the motor was out he was supposed to go completely through it and update everything that has been defective in the 6.0s. plus i made him do the dgr delete and arp headstuds with the expensive head gaskets. when they got the truck back together it wouldnt start so they bought a new wiring harness and had ford rebuild the ficm and other computers. but i finally got him to admit they did not put the oil cooler in new they used the one that was on the motor. this truck has been a major stress for 11 months. still working the bugs out lol.

Rev AutoWorks

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Wow
Guess you will see, but in the end I bet you still have FICM problems.
Well good luck. Need anything JC is like two hours away LOL.

fordforlife

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
well if i do have ficm problems im sure interested in tryin someone else to get it fixed. i changed the oil few days back and the daxx motor mount nuts were loose. talk about aggrevation. i will keep you updated on what happens after i get the oil cooler changed. not lookin forward to that lol.
have a good one!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58