truck surging idle and occasional stalling?

dawiz

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
any ideas what this may be? ill be sitting at a light and it will surge high enough to make the truck lunge forward. it has also stalled a couple of times. im sure they are related.
2004 f350 6.0

rynarnell

03 6.0 8.0lift on 38"s
Reaction score
ya, my 03 does it too when i drive long trips. It will do it at a stop light. idle fluctuates about 500rpm. Doesnt do it alot, i thought i might need to change fuel filters.

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any ideas what this may be? ill be sitting at a light and it will surge high enough to make the truck lunge forward. it has also stalled a couple of times. im sure they are related.
2004 f350 6.0

Has it had the FICM (Fuel Injector Control Module) wiring harness replaced under the recall? If your not sure have a OASIS run to see. My 2004 did this at about 11k miles on it. Used to scare the bleep out of me! :eek: Turned out to be the engine wiring harness had a short in it! Engine harness and FICM Harness were replaced under warranty and problem has been gone for about 50k miles now. :sweet

Have your dealer look for chaffing of the harnesses.

dawiz

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
it seems to be happening more in the last few days. i need to remove the edge and take it in. i had 2 connections at 2 different dealerships and they both opened their own shops so i hope the tech isnt a dick about having exhaust.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl