Trucks acting up

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed on the Avatar...

You do off roading with it, or are the 40's for looks? (sorry gotta ask).
I'm wondering if you have some corrosion on one or more of your wiring harnesses, maybe even the one for the edge. If you're getting some crosstalk from wire to wire at the connector in the bundle, you'll get some odd results. Check the simple stuff first, it will most likely save you a lot of time, and if it is the problem, a LOT of money. Look at every connector you take apart, and look for green. If you see that, clean it up, and then put some silicone grease in there. (I like the stuff you use for faucet repair, you can get it at lowes and home depot in a little tub with a flip up lid for a couple bucks. Same sticky stuff you used to use on spark plug wires.)

Last edited:

munchie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The battery posts all corroeded all green. I guess ill start there. I don't off road too much yet, but as more dings and **** get on the truck the more i use it

munchie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It did it again after start up. i DIDN'T NOTICE ANY BLACK SMOKE, but man could you smell the fuel!

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
Well....I thought that it might have been some of the same symptems as my ol' mans truck....but his smoked somthing fierce.....but he didn't notice the smelll....does yours go anywhere? or does it just idle for a second and then die....his would go at about 15 to 20 mph and then just come out of it and run fine....the other truck that did similar stuff....would start for about 5 seconds then die....i don't know man....good luck with it!

munchie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
No it wont die. And it does clean up. As long as i can limp it to the chevy dealer everything will be aright!! (JK)! Tomorrow I'll play with it. It does seam the mpg has gone down some also.

Thecat

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem exactly. I have it in they cleaned something and it was good for a while now today its in the shop doing the same thing again I also have an edge tuner wonder if it may be at fault no check engine light here.

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
Agreed on the Avatar...

You do off roading with it, or are the 40's for looks? (sorry gotta ask).
I'm wondering if you have some corrosion on one or more of your wiring harnesses, maybe even the one for the edge. If you're getting some crosstalk from wire to wire at the connector in the bundle, you'll get some odd results. Check the simple stuff first, it will most likely save you a lot of time, and if it is the problem, a LOT of money. Look at every connector you take apart, and look for green. If you see that, clean it up, and then put some silicone grease in there. (I like the stuff you use for faucet repair, you can get it at lowes and home depot in a little tub with a flip up lid for a couple bucks. Same sticky stuff you used to use on spark plug wires.)

nobody buys 40's for offroading. :) but they sure look nice

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
unplug the edge completely guys.. i cant tell you how many people i know can trace their probs to the edge... they run fine after removing edge
i could explain why, but it would take a while

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
nobody buys 40's for offroading. :) but they sure look nice

:roflmao :roflmao So do you know EVERYBODY that buys 40's?? Or just everyone that offroads? :roflmao :roflmao

Take a trip to the south, and go offroading, you WILL see trucks with 40's and prolly 1 or 2 with 40+:sweet

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
nobody here, all the vegas kids with 40 or more never leave the asphalt.
pick up a copy of 8 lug, you will see how i roll. vegas truck license plate says SIKK. 44's and still runs 12's in the quarter. they dont call me titan for no reason.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl