True dual exhaust stacks

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long time/no post! Guess that's a good thing? truck's runnin great.

I've been thinkin about doing a conversion to dual stacks. Originally I wasn't a big fan, but the idea has grown on me recently.

I've talked to a guy who ran true dual stacks on his F-250 (although it was gas..i guess he liked the look. pretty pointless if ya ask me)

I was wondering what i'd have to do to convert to a true dual setup. Size of the pipes isn't a huge concern, but if possible...the bigger the better.

Thoughts?

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I have true duals on my 77 f250. Very loud. No mufflers and its rigged up pretty good so it leaks and everything. They look cool. I think they are 4" turn outs off a big international tractor. I do have dual stacks on my 99 f250 diesel and love them. I got mine from ITP diesel aka sinister diesel now. I bought the MBRP turbo back 4" smokers kit which comes with 6" dual miter cut stacks. Has no mufflers. You can really hear the turbo if you got a different intake like the DIY intake. Its a deep sound. Next on my list is rain caps. Really expensive though. Since you already got a big down pipe you just need the stack kit. It will come with the up pipe and continue from yer existing exhaust right under the front edge of yer bed. I do belive they make the y pipe for yer stacks in 6" to match yer current exhaust.

Last edited:

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
Just get whatever shoots the smoke in the air the highest! Smoke 'em if ya' gat 'em!

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think i'd like to get the bull hauler stacks, or turnouts...and I'm wanting BIG ones. So far I've found some pretty ridiculous kits (eBay has a 16 inch stack kit...overkilll, anyone?) but I think I'd like an 8 inch kit.

And flame throwers. Just for show. So i can F*$% with the high schoolers and little ricers in town :D

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you already got a big down pipe you just need the stack kit. It will come with the up pipe and continue from yer existing exhaust right under the front edge of yer bed. I do belive they make the y pipe for yer stacks in 6" to match yer current exhaust.

So i can basically just cut my current exhaust from the bed near the cab and go up from there?

Would that be a 90* angle pipe to bring it up?

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
So i can basically just cut my current exhaust from the bed near the cab and go up from there?

Would that be a 90* angle pipe to bring it up?

Yea its just the stack kit. Just shop around. I think ITP (Sinister diesel), Black cloud diesel, check the sponsors on this site too. Im probably forgettin some places. I think black cloud has black stack kits which would look cool on yer truck or just get them coated. Just remember the bigger the stacks are the less force the smoke comes out. I think 8" would be too big. It will barely roll out. 6" is the biggest I would go. They are pretty freakin huge. I was gonna do 5" but just didnt look right. 6" is perfect. Plus when I get my truck lifted with bigger tires it will look proportional. I almost went with the aussie stacks but they were more expensive and the miter cut stacks grew on me. Im glad I got them. I always get compliments on them. And they do have longer stacks. I think mine are 36" tall. They make 48" tall ones too. And you have some room to lower the stacks down when you loosen the clamps. The clamps they give you that bolt yer stacks to the bed are junk. You can up grade but its like over 400 bucks for billet aluminum clamps. Looks like a 4yr old made the stack mounting brackets. Only thing I dont like about them.

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stacks on a gasser

what a posser

lol

I know!! Here in southern Maryland, there's tacky gassers all over the place. There's a '93 GMC s-10 type mini-truck runnin around with 56" stacks. Pulled into the gas station and sounded like a pissed off weedeater.

There's also a Nissan Titan here with 5 inch bullhaulers. fail.

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea its just the stack kit. Just shop around. I think ITP (Sinister diesel), Black cloud diesel, check the sponsors on this site too. Im probably forgettin some places. I think black cloud has black stack kits which would look cool on yer truck or just get them coated. Just remember the bigger the stacks are the less force the smoke comes out. I think 8" would be too big. It will barely roll out. 6" is the biggest I would go. They are pretty freakin huge. I was gonna do 5" but just didnt look right. 6" is perfect.

Good point. I can make smoke with my DP F5, but i don't have injectors to make the smoke pour out. Actually, I'm not even sure that a crazy amount of billowing smoke is the healthiest for our trucks. I think I read that somewhere while shopping for injectors. Maybe I misread it though. :dunno

I would LOVE to get black powder coated stacks, and then have them etched or fitted with brushed stainless steel with flames going up them, like the Harley Davidson flames I put on the truck. It'd be super sexy!! I love going all out custom. :):)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl