True dual exhaust stacks

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had one rev up at me while stopped at a stop light. Dodge 1500 lifted rumble bee edition, hemi, stacks, etc. What a pathetic excuse for a race. By 40mph I was 2 truck lengths ahead of him. Hello smoke show, goodbye lil bee :D

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
Yeah, stacks are like spandex biker shorts. Just cause they look good on some, don't mean it's ok for all. If you can't fill the pipes with smoke, than you got no business......

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I forgot to tell ya that up pipe that goes up into yer bed is actually flex pipe. I bought the good stainless steel system instead of the aluminized since after about 4 or 5yrs it would be rusted out. Stainless is the way to go. Foot out the money now instead of paying for it later. I think yer truck would look good with 6" stacks. I was thinkin the black stacks were a lil more than the regular polished ones. I know MBRP and Silverline makes stack kits. There are some on ebay too but I think they were universal kits which would work too. When I get my DP chip I want the extra smoke tune to roll some. I think stacks look ok on the old gas trucks. Like 70's and older. I have a 77 high boy 4x4 and it looks good with dual stacks. It has a roll bar in the back so it looks proprotional. If I did it again I wouldnt put stacks on it. I just did it since its my old beater/extra 4x4 truck. I rigged the crap out of it so it sounds like crap but looks cool haha. If its a newer gas truck it shouldnt have stacks on it. Save those stacks for some side pipes instead.

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, this is good info. Thanks fellas.

I know I want the bullhauler or Aussie or turnouts. I found a 7" bullhauler kit. It'll open it up, but it's not effffin huge like the 16" kit :D

As for the piping, how big should my downpipe be from the turbo?

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Well i'd go 4" unless you got so many hot rod parts on yer motor. Most people use the 4" downpipe. Its plenty usually unless yer competing in pulling comps or other racing.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i'd go 4" unless you got so many hot rod parts on yer motor. Most people use the 4" downpipe. Its plenty usually unless yer competing in pulling comps or other racing.

x2

I really dont see any reason why you would need to go bigger than your weakest link in the exhasut system. I saw a drop in how much boost I was able to build (about -10psi) AFTER I went to the 4" system. Guess because I lost exhaust velocity in the process. But I really didn't feel a noticeable loss of power/acceleration.

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2

I really dont see any reason why you would need to go bigger than your weakest link in the exhasut system. I saw a drop in how much boost I was able to build (about -10psi) AFTER I went to the 4" system. Guess because I lost exhaust velocity in the process.

Just outta curiosity..when sled pullers mod their exhaust to come out the hood, directly after the turbo, is that to minimize back-pressure?

Pros? Cons?

I see it often but didn't really know why. That was just my figgerin.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just outta curiosity..when sled pullers mod their exhaust to come out the hood, directly after the turbo, is that to minimize back-pressure?

From a Sled Puller friend'a mine ? With his dedicated PSD puller ?

Harmonic exhaust flow is Not a concern, in his thru the hood, 10" Stack.. Scavenging (Dumping) it is. No back pressure.

It's.. Climb In, Strap in, Helmet on, Hang On, Shut Up.. Pure, Raw, Stand On It.. 'til you cross the line, loose traction, or blow it up stuff.. :cool::sly;):D:lmao

Last edited:

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
From a Sled Puller friend'a mine ? With his dedicated PSD puller ?

Harmonic exhaust flow is Not a concern, in his thru the hood, 10" Stack.. Scavenging (Dumping) it is. No back pressure.

It's.. Climb In, Strap in, Helmet on, Hang On, Shut Up.. Pure, Raw, Stand On It.. 'til you cross the line, loose traction, or blow it up stuff.. :cool::sly;):D:lmao

Plus it looks so damn good haha.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl