tuner ??

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Woffer700, than is one of the smartest questions I have seen posted here. While I can not help you with a tuner/chip, you should get a boost gauge and an EGT gauge at least. These will help you from melting down your engine. Good luck in your search.

Dave :grin

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
woofer700 said:
in my unknowing opinion, there are lots of good tuners out there, seems like everyone talks about how good of a product they have on there pickup, and how much they like the service they got, with everyone answering all their questions, etc,etc,etc,. one thing I have noticed about the 6.0, and most diesels, if you don't pay attention, they can burn up, which costs alot of money to fix.
what people don't talk about is the safe guards a tuner has, (programed into it ) that help to keep this from happening. people like me, who are still learning, really need to know about these things. These adds in the mags all say, buy me, buy me, get lots of HP, what they don't say is, your motor could blow up, if you don't pay attention, or , we have put in this safe guard, to help you, while climbing a big hill, and your talking to the wife, not looking at your guages.
I would like to put a tuner on my 06, 50, 80, 120, hp, sound fun, but with our income, a new engine, and having the truck down for a little while, would really hurt.
So my question would be, which tuner has the proper safe guards, to help my engine survive, make good power, any mileage changes, and what guages if any are recomended.

i chose a banks system. others dont like it, but it has been a good choice for me.

here is some info from the banks website, that might help with some of your ????????'s

How much power is too much?
When we test our products, we "push the envelope" to see how far we can take power gains. As an inviolable rule, we pull back from the maximum and leave a safety margin to protect engine and powertrain durability. No Banks product exceeds the vehicle manufacturer's power, load or temperature limits.

How does Banks Power affect the durability of my engine, powertrain and exhaust?
Because we adhere to our "First Air, Then Fuel" rule, it is impossible for a properly installed Banks Power system to over-fuel your engine. As you know from Question 10, just adding fuel to make power creates so much heat it can ruin your engine and exhaust. Banks begins by improving airflow, and matches fuel to it. With the engine breathing freely, the exhaust running cooler, backpressure drastically reduced and efficiency optimized, Banks unleashes more power without working the engine so hard, which prolongs its life and the powertrain components it operates. Even though Banks runs a cooler exhaust, the Monster exhaust portion of any Banks Power system is so indestructible, it could withstand much hotter temperatures.

How does Banks Power affect my automatic transmission?
Banks Power systems put a stop to the tendency of many vehicles to frequently shift between gears while climbing grades (we call that behavior "shift-happy.") Holding higher gears strongly, for longer times, reduces the work your automatic has to do, preserving its life. No Banks Power system subjects any transmission to loads that exceed the manufacturer's limits.

How does Banks Power affect diesel engine temperatures?
Banks includes its electronic OttoMind modules to control fuel and maintain safe temperatures—among other beneficial functions—in Banks Power systems for most late diesel applications. The OttoMind combines with Banks airflow-improving components for more power and durability. Similarly, the Six-Gun tuner for diesel pickups includes safeguards to prevent overtemperature.

Who makes the best power-enhancing chip for turbo-diesels?
There are many power-enhancing chips, programmers, and tuners for trucks these days. The interesting thing is that there are only a few people who actually manufacture the hardware, which means that most small companies selling these chips buy them from other companies. Be aware that a chip, programmer, or tuner by itself can cause dangerously high exhaust gas temperatures on a diesel, or detonation in a gasoline engine. Banks' approach to power enhancement is to increase airflow through the engine BEFORE adding fuel. This allows for safe increases in power, fuel economy, and engine longevity.

Weweld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SCT tuners are very good and can be tuned to the level of power that you want :santa3 :santa3

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
third time must be a charm. NO ONE seems to have anything to say about the diablo.:tounge just confirms my choice - between banks or sct. I have been looking at banks since the day i got the truck.

bama: give me a pm shout?:santa

:thanks

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What am I CHICKEN SOUP ??? :)
in case you didn't realize it when I responded about the predator, that IS a Diablo Predator...

And do read the thread about the banks user that is having tranny problems and being told to pull the banks trans command off...

CBSuperDuty

Got Looney???
Reaction score
The diablo (or at least the older ones) are known to pop head gaskets. Listen to Gene (WeWeld) after all he has the fastest 6.0 in the world... At least for now... Custom Tuned SCT hands down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg