Turbo surge

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I think the ole turbo #3,.....hmmm or is it #4......oh shoot, can't remember, but anyways, I am having some surging problems.

Even the boost gauge is bouncing. It's kinda like a whom, whom, whom, whom, but I give full :woot, it is fine.

Any suggestions?

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bama, I have the same problem here too. But I have a po299 code so Im going to pull the turbo and clean it. See if thats the problem but thats not going to be untill next weekend.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Thanks Dog. I also have a medium to high pitch whine sound that occurs mostly at lower speeds. You experiencing anything like that?

I have before and it wasn't long after that that I had to have the 2nd turbo installed.

If it is about to go, I would like to upgrade a little and possible do the work myself. I believe I can do it.

Fine69

Reaction score
Stephen , I really can't add anything useful to this thread except to say the turbo issues I had on my 05 are the reason there is a new 09 in my garage right now.:lmao I know what your going thru, my 05 had 5 turbos in 23,000 miles.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
my brothers 05 is going in on monday.... it has a horrible whine/screeching sound upon start up for about 30 to 40 seconds.... it sounds like it is coming from around the turbo.... im waiting for him to get back to me when they figure out what it is....

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installing a new turbo isn't terribly difficult. From seeing your other work Bama I believe you can do it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58