Turbo Timer

rum4by5

Reaction score
Anyone using a Turbo Timer on their diesel? If so let us all know where you got it and the brand you are using. Is it worth the effort to install one?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I dont have one but I wish I did. IHMO, I think they are well worth the money and effort.

Weweld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We use the Turbo Temp Monitor by Isspro on all 3 trucks.

Instead of time it goes by exhaust temp , when it cools to 325-350 it shuts done then.

One of the better upgrades you can do for your truck

GENE

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
I run mine through my alram with remote start. it runs for 5 minutes, and can be set to run for 30 if we pull into a rest area.
Robert
rum4by5 said:
Anyone using a Turbo Timer on their diesel? If so let us all know where you got it and the brand you are using. Is it worth the effort to install one?

KansasDiesel

fly'n low on WVO
Reaction score
Weweld said:
We use the Turbo Temp Monitor by Isspro on all 3 trucks.

Instead of time it goes by exhaust temp , when it cools to 325-350 it shuts done then.

One of the better upgrades you can do for your truck

GENE

I was also look for a turbo timer that stops with temp instead of time who carries this and how much should we expect to pay.
:cowboy:

rum4by5

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. One more question where did you place the thermocoupler for the timer? (post or pre turbo?)

CHPMustang

Reaction score
rum4by5 said:
Thanks for the info guys. One more question where did you place the thermocoupler for the timer? (post or pre turbo?)
Fire1 installed the thermocoupler pre turbo drivers side exhaust manifold on our truck :sweet

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
Deffinately PRE turbo. Like CHP said, driverside manifold just prior to the up-pipe. Pretty easy to drill and tap. Take your time. :sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14