turning off the Seat Belt Warning chime

lanceparker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok, I know that there has to be some way to turn on the seat belt warning chime. First off I am a believer and wearer of a seat belt. The problem is when the truck has never been taken out of park and I am working on paper-work I really don't like listening to the chime continuously. So is there a way to stop it, turn it off, or something other than buckling up?

ashmass

Cajun in Alaska
Reaction score
Why me?

My seat belt chime never goes off, whether you have it buckled or not. Any suggestions on how to fix that?

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year is your truck?

I know on the OBS trucks that you can just unplug the chime module under the dash...

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
My seat belt chime never goes off, whether you have it buckled or not. Any suggestions on how to fix that?
Again, the instructions in the owners manual will tell you not only how to turn it off, but turn it back on as well.

Are you the original owner? If not the PO probably disabled the chime, however if you are the original owner I would find it a bit strange that it came from the factory disabled.

ashmass

Cajun in Alaska
Reaction score
Stroker you got ot backwards. It never stops chiming. It's enough to drive a fella nuts, that chime going off while I driving around. It does not recognize when the seat belt is fastened. I even disconnected the connector under the seat, no difference. I then shorted the pins together in the connector under the seat to simulate a fastened seat belt, no help.
I have a "06 CC 4x4 Superduty with 30,000 slow rolling miles.

Any help would be great. Feel free to "chime" in, pun intentional, and I won't apologize for it.

lanceparker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ok guys, I looked in the manual and found the directions for turning the chime off, but they don't work. I did it every possible way conceivable and I can't get it to work. Has this happened to anyone else.

ashmass

Cajun in Alaska
Reaction score
yeah, me. I can't even turn it off by connecting the seatbelt. It never stops chiming, I hear it always, drives me nuts.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
Stroker you got ot backwards. It never stops chiming. It's enough to drive a fella nuts, that chime going off while I driving around. It does not recognize when the seat belt is fastened. I even disconnected the connector under the seat, no difference. I then shorted the pins together in the connector under the seat to simulate a fastened seat belt, no help.
I have a "06 CC 4x4 Superduty with 30,000 slow rolling miles.

Any help would be great. Feel free to "chime" in, pun intentional, and I won't apologize for it.

Why don't you just take it to the dealer, it's still under the 3yr 36k isn't it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14