Twins or one BIG ONE?

TurboTy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO your better off with the true twins, while your obviously not lookin to soar your rpm's to the moon you still want faster spooling and more out the gate, which your gonna get with the true twins, i'm not to up on the other setup using them in sequence. I know what works on gas turbo cars/trucks, i dont see why it wouldnt be the same for the diesels specially since you need everything to come on much sooner since you dont have much room ( rpm) to play with. As far as the intercooler goes i guess it depends on how race your gonna go with this truck, hell, if your really only gonna race this thing will an air to water cooler be beneficial on a diesel???...i'm not sure on that one myself, but if it would work, and the truck is only gonna be used for racing, put an air to water in the passenger side of the truck...up under the dash even...you'd prob be takin all the heat/a/c out anyways......may even work if you dont need an air to water, a four core spearco cooler will move more than enough volume to support those turbos, just the distance the air travels may be a factor with the heat. Guess air to water would work since it'll help a diesel not kill itself with heat as much as a gas motor???...

DART505

LIFETIME GEARHEAD
Reaction score
Any kind of air cooling helps,although I'm a hipacrit on that with my twins but not by choice!Air to water is more popular with the pullers sense they are holding it wide open for longer.

scotty7751

Big Daddy
Reaction score
i gotta find another stock turbo and are all 99-02 turbos the same?? anyone know where to get a used one or should i go to a junk yard The truck i just got was manufactured in 04/99
vbpicgallery.php

Last edited:

DART505

LIFETIME GEARHEAD
Reaction score
lukecline said:
hey Chris, hows the smoke levels when she's spooled up and goin?
Looks like the truck is on fire & the EGT's at 1900!:eek:
I think some of that smoke is melted aluminum.:roflmao
It all will be delt with in due time!I have people pull over or stop when she is hammer down.:D
You would need radar to come thru it,it's dense.
My son told me I was causing global warming by my self!:burnit
This truck stays to the floor most of the time,if it makes it with me it's tuff!:thumbs

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow, i figured it would be somewhat cleaned up. Even in my new custom extreme its not coal black on the top end. Maybe its time for a DIIC lol.

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
check this out scotty

WWW.P4POWERSYSTEMS.COM they have a twin setup for yours as well as obs rigs, IIRC 3800.00$ then all you need is studs and some other things I have their price list somewhere if I find it I can email it to you.

scotty7751

Big Daddy
Reaction score
you know i think ill just fab it myself its more of a self experence thing:D id like to do and i think those are senquencial? i want a turbo on either side.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl