TWISTERS

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure hope none of the SDD folks were affected by them yesterday.......

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I think TN got the worst of it. I heard that 24 people lost their lives.

We got a ton of rain and high winds, but all is OK in my neck of the woods.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
My son lives in Mt. Juliet, just east of Nashville. He went to a hockey game last night and had to stay there until it all blew through. I was watching the radar and the very edge of that super-T-storm just kissed Mt. Juliet, so his brand new house is ok. :clap:

Mrs. TG's sister lives near Gallatin and they were huddled in the hallway as the tornado passed thru the area. They came thru unscathed. I just found out that the tornado passed about a dozen miles away from them.

Funny: We are pondering in a few years selling off everything, buying a big 5th wheel RV and traveling around the country while my wife goes back to travel nursing. If we do that, it'll be for a few years, then "retiring" somewhere. Mrs TG wants to eventually settle in TN to be near her sister and our son. I'm not in favor of settling that far south due to my inability to tolerate hot weather. Just the day before yesterday, my wife's sister was bragging about how nice the weather was down there in TN. :lmao

That's the nice thing about da U.P., no earthquakes, hurricanes, tidal waves, volcanos, lahars, prolonged extreme heat and very, very few tornados. We average less than one tornado a year in da U.P. Over the last 16 years we've been in our house, we've only had one within 50 miles and that was still a good 20 miles away.

Da U.P. has it's advantages.
:red doesn't seem so bad considering.

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SO Far, SO Good.....

Wife and I have thought about doing the same TG. Rv'n it Full Time for awhile, and if we did, maybe doing some Volunteer work, if needed when these kinds of thing happen.. I can still Pull some Levers (heavy equipment), she's real good at "People" stuff..

Just some thoughts. Life has been Good. Time for a little "Pay Back", we think.

24 lost their lives.. that Terrible.

Red & Bama.. glad you slid through.

dante59

Full Access Member
Reaction score
twister

well I gotta tell you we had a ringside seat last night because we were watching the lightning flashes light up the skies to the west of us...that was where the tornado struck 40 miles from us in Atkins, Ark., then it continued northeast to Clinton, Ark. which is only 27 miles north of us and we were on the outskirts of the tornado but got the heavy winds, luckily no damage for us. we had the garage door open and were watching what appeared to be power stations being frapped due to the big flashes of light that we saw in the far distance. we had experienced this kind of of tornado weather when we lived in MO. we know this has devistated a lot of families and hope that all our brothers and sisters in our diesel community are safe and well. our hearts go out to all those who are affected by this catastrophe. Dante59

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score

Joe: i was no where near the mess. sorry for the confusion, i was just meaning i was glad to hear Bama had no issues.

i'll do better next time for clarification..:doh:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Joe: i was no where near the mess. sorry for the confusion, i was just meaning i was glad to hear Bama had no issues.

i'll do better next time for clarification..:doh:

:lmao :lmao Okay then ? I'm glad you made it threw the Snow Storm in yer Avitar..;tu ;tu

CHPMustang

Reaction score
The most we got out of the storm line when it originated here was a 10-15 minute hailstorm then it was gone but got alot worse the further east it went.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58