Tymar prefilter

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
It keeps the fine crap out of the turbocharger. That stuff can and will eat your turbo.

Dave

So you believe the "pre" filter will filter the fine stuff that the 6637 will pass through??? :lmao

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
That's funny, I've never heard of the tymar "dusting" your turbo before. I have firsthand experience with the KnN setup that everyone hates. Is there something I don't know about the DIY tymar?

DOC-MX

FOREIGN MEMBER
Reaction score
That's funny, I've never heard of the tymar "dusting" your turbo before. I have firsthand experience with the KnN setup that everyone hates. Is there something I don't know about the DIY tymar?[/QUOTE]

Yeap you need a prefilter LOL.

JRJ04

Reaction score
yea x2 on the tymar

ive never heard of that dusting a turbo...thats all paper media thats probably as good as stock.

I got the pre-filter becuase I wanted a little extra protection and didnt want to have to replace my filter every year. The pre-filter really helps keep the dirt out and keeps it clean.

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
i cant tell a bit of difference with the cover on either. i ran mine without the pre-filter cover for about a month. i feels and sounds the same either way, Awesome!!

BTW, if you do run it with the pre-filter cover, how often do you need to replace the 6637 under normal driving conditions?

Diezel Dawg

vvv Real NW Truck
Reaction score
If u have a true TYMAR Intake with the Donaldson Filter, there is NO NEED for a pre Filter. The Donaldson filter is one of the best filtering and flowing filters u can get. Dale at TYMAR performance will tell u not to run a prefilter on his filters.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58