ULSD causing fuel system problems? U decide.

Deviant Diesel

Sooting 1 jerk @ a time!
Reaction score
The fuel suppliers/distributors are the ones that add all the additives to all types of fuels. That's where the differences in Chevron's, Shell's, etc. fuel formulas all come in to play. Funny things is, my father-in-law used to drive a fuel truck and told me he would drop the same fuel at all the different stations, so who knows what goes into our vehicles. But your dyed/offroad diesel is done at the refinery.

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a fuel truck driver and my company fills every thing. I work in the fleet fueling devision and so far none of my customers have had any problems. The changes where mandated in this area oct 06. As for some answers the lubricity addatives are added at the refinery we do our own winter blending (the refinerys charge to much). And yes you may go to exxon and get fuel from hess or shell or gulf and so on as thay all have fuel sharing programs.The USLD is called #2 oil as was the old LSD but the only true #2 is heatig oil (red died HIGH SULPHER DIESEL). It will run in the diesels up to 06 but besides being agenst the law the particulet mater(soot) would clog up cats and destoy the new particulet filters that is why the USLD to comply with the new filters and the EPA. Kerosene (#1 oil) can be blended as a winterizer ( at 30%) but it has to be ultra low kero with the USLD and will reduce lubricity even more. I use a mix of lucus upper cyl lube and CP winterizer with cetane boost when it is cold and no gelling yet (knock on wood). I use the upper cyl lube all year. Also any place still selling the old LSD has to have posted on the pump it is ilegal to use it in 07 or newer vehicles.Sorry for rambaling I just got off work at 2am. Hope this helps if any body has more questions I will try to get an answer from work if I dont have it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14