"Undetermined Leak"

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very Good idea on the Coolant filter...

Joe, Where did you install your filter. The buddy of mine that is going to help me in it, has installed coolant filters in the past, He had the Enterprise that you may have heard about on TDS and OB. He installed them in the heater hoses, and on the Ex they are a combination of crimped rubber and metal lines... He thought he saw one installed in the small hose that goes from the Degas bottle to the valley pan area by the turbo. Is this the "normal" place on a 6.0 or should it go into the heater lines? Also, where did you physically install the filterhead, since there is so much room under the hood......

TIA!!!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe, Where did you install your filter. The buddy of mine that is going to help me in it, has installed coolant filters in the past, He had the Enterprise that you may have heard about on TDS and OB. He installed them in the heater hoses, and on the Ex they are a combination of crimped rubber and metal lines... He thought he saw one installed in the small hose that goes from the Degas bottle to the valley pan area by the turbo. Is this the "normal" place on a 6.0 or should it go into the heater lines? Also, where did you physically install the filterhead, since there is so much room under the hood......

TIA!!!

Can't really helpya on that one Scott.. I'm a 7.3 guy.. and not real familure the 6.0s, for a good mounting location... :dunno

No instructions ????

I'm sure one of the 6.0 guyz will jump in here'n help ya ?

:sorry

Joe

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Joe, I do not have a kit, I was thinking of getting a filterhead and pieceing one together. It may actually be easier to get the dieselsite kit and use it. I have had that suggestion by more than one person.....

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe, I do not have a kit, I was thinking of getting a filterhead and pieceing one together. [It may actually be easier to get the dieselsite kit and use it.] I have had that suggestion by more than one person.....

I like the Kit idea :dunno

You can go to the DIESELSITE ... and see pics of a 6.0 install with Testimonials & the whole 9 yards.

I've done many 7.3 coolant filter installs using Bob kits.. ALL the pieces'n parts you need... very good instructions, Quality beyond compare.

Good stuff.

There's nothing better than the Big Brown Truck bringing you EVERYTHING you need. ;tu ;tu

Joe

>Sometimes<, after you've chased DIY parts.. you havent really saved much ? :dunno

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58