Up-pipe donut replacement Early 99??

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
Yep I don't think that the drivers side will be all that bad to do again. I may have to see if I can find a pipe expander to try that.

My pyro isn't working right so I never see high egt's. That thing moves slower than molasses.

If I stay in it for a long time then I definetely get the ICP SES light for sure.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I may have to see if I can find a pipe expander to try that.

Get one from NAPA or Car Quest that you put into the end of the pipe and then turn the bolt on the end with a wrench. If you take it to a pipe shop with a power pipe expander, you might expand it too much and you'll be worse off than before. (i.e. screwed) Significant effort with the manual type will yield minimal changes, lessening the possibility of going too far.

Last edited:

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
TEST DRIVE SAYS:

Everything was looking good at first. Exhaust brake was working better. EGT seemed a bit lower. Then I put the foot down and PSSSSSSSSSST. :rant :rant

A seal went somewhere venting off exhaust pressure, I can't tell where just yet. At least things will go easier next time. Since I have new bolts, I won't have to cut any off this time and I won't have to take as many other parts off. I might just throw the dice, pull the driver's side up-pipe and try again.

I'm re-thinking the Chevy donut rings too. Bolt accessability makes it darn hard to get the Chevy donuts to squish.

Word of sage advice: If any of you guys pull your tranny's for any reason, do your exhaust donuts. It'll be a piece of cake without a tranny in the way.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Last edited:

Strokin_Early_99

Diesel Youngin'
Reaction score
WOW!! That is VERY interesting!!:wow That's enough reason to consider going back to the "blackboard", especially since the Chevy donut gaskets I got from NAPA are such a PITA in getting them to seal.

But I wonder if that International up-pipe kit fits an early 99?

The donuts from CarQuest are the only ones I have found to crush right. The ones from Napa and Kragen are too darn hard to seal. If you do not have a car quest in your area, PM me and I can get some out to you. I just sent 4 to NY yesterday for a forum member.

Keep Strokin'

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
The donuts from CarQuest are the only ones I have found to crush right. The ones from Napa and Kragen are too darn hard to seal. If you do not have a car quest in your area, PM me and I can get some out to you. I just sent 4 to NY yesterday for a forum member.

Keep Strokin'

Thanks for the offer, but I already have some CQ donuts. They are already installed and I'm hoping to get my new D66 turbo installed in the next couple of days. I've got a few things to work on like installing the new big screen TV my son got me for XMAS. I'm having a heck of a time trying to get the remote for the cable box to control certain functions on the TV. :rant :rant

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14