Upfitter Switches in an X

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
they terminate up near teh fuse box inside teh cab some come taped to teh main harness, otheres just sort of hang out and say HI

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theyre just pass thru wires...theyre NOT attached to anything...theyre
"blunt" cut on each end

the idea is theyre already run thru the firewall so you dont have to poke
a hole thru the firewall yourself.

imo the wire guage is too small for nearly any good use...ive punched
or drilled my own holes (for wire as large as 2ga for the amp/supply)

Matt M PA

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
An update....someone at the FTE site is installing the upfitter switches in an '03..so maybe it is possible. Look there for info.

Also, I found a much better way to run wires into the cab without drilling holes. Run them down the inner fender, and under the truck to ther footwells. There is a hole in the subfloor...you can see from underneath...and a rubber plug above. I just made a tiny hole in that rubber plug on the floor and ran through that. I piece of duct tape doubly insures against moisture.

I have run all kinds of wiring, and after the airhorns and foglights I had used up the wires Ford provided.

Now, i just pull up the carpet, and fish it through.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Matt M said:
Also, I found a much better way to run wires into the cab without drilling holes. Run them down the inner fender, and under the truck to ther footwells. There is a hole in the subfloor...you can see from underneath...and a rubber plug above. I just made a tiny hole in that rubber plug on the floor and ran through that. I piece of duct tape doubly insures against moisture.

I have run all kinds of wiring, and after the airhorns and foglights I had used up the wires Ford provided.

Now, i just pull up the carpet, and fish it through.

thats the same hole i have ran all my wiring for my swithes and air supply for my train horns too.:sweet

X-Hibition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hijacking my own posting I have been running wires through a huge hole in the firewall that had an aluminumized rubberized (technical) cover on it that was easy to pull back and I put loom on the inside bore of the hole to prevent chafing, then pulled the cover back in to place. Large wires? You could run heater hoses through it.

I'll check the FTE posting, so thank you.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
ok
i think we are all off on separate courses
YES you can put the upfitter switches in any FORD/DODGE/CHEVY/VOLKWAGEN/MAZDA/RANGE ROVER etc, but you have to run the proper circuits ,just like installing any other switch, you find a good power source, fuse it and run with it.

NO they will not be plug and play( plug elect connector directly into main fuse blocks, and install realy set all using factory set ups ), except in a 05 06 07 f-series pickup or van
and some 650 -750 models as an option

YES we can order nice cool looking switches and go for it in any form you like

the switches them selves are nothing more than SWITCHES that just look good and follow some of fords design lines for simple but hard working gear.

geeze:D

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
ok
i think we are all off on separate courses
YES you can put the upfitter switches in any FORD/DODGE/CHEVY/VOLKWAGEN/MAZDA/RANGE ROVER etc, but you have to run the proper circuits ,just like installing any other switch, you find a good power source, fuse it and run with it.

NO they will not be plug and play( plug elect connector directly into main fuse blocks, and install realy set all using factory set ups ), except in a 05 06 07 f-series pickup or van
and some 650 -750 models as an option

YES we can order nice cool looking switches and go for it in any form you like

the switches them selves are nothing more than SWITCHES that just look good and follow some of fords design lines for simple but hard working gear.

geeze:D

tell us how you really feel robert:sorry :roflmao :roflmao

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
sorry i had to write very precise rules today and i am stil a bit BUGGGGGYYY

i am begining to think they think i am a laywer or something

i do feel better now:thanks :D

X-Hibition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matt,

I did a search in FTE and didn't see what you described. And given powerboatr's input I'm even more curious as to what they did/or are doing in FTE.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
upfitter

05UPFITTERSWITCHKIT Each $111.54
$82.31
Complete kit to add Factory Upfitter switches to 2005 and newer

You will recieve the all of the following. A complete kit to add the Factory Upfitter bank of switches to run whatever accessories you like onto your 2005 or newer Superduty.

1- bank of On/Off switches fits into existing panel on dash no cutting or drilling required.

1- Complete harnes with plugs to plug right into the fuse panel, you also get all of the necessary relays and fuses installed in the block which is integrated into the harness.

install
it would be an easy thing to do to hook em up.
you just provide four fused circuits and tie it into the piece that would normally plug into the fuse panel
It would be hard to do at all

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr