Help Needed Vibration (rubbing) at 75mph exactly!

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not much. It should be less then a 1/4 in. Thats what I use. How much is it moving and what is your mileage on the truck?

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
the rubber will squish maybe 1/4", but the actual bearing should be tight. they will start to make noise as they wear and get some play.

Deadman514

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine moves as much as on Jeff's dually and he doesn't have the noise. His lifted truck has zero play. Also two other trucks had zero play.
My end link was bad on the PS -I pulled the bar and I'm still getting the noise!!!
AAAAARGH

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing I can tell you, is get it up off the ground on a lift and spin it up. I still think the bearing is starting to go out. Hows the gear lub in the rear?

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
the front wheel bearings could be pooping out, try running it in the air like dogman says. have kieth floor it and you can roll around under it looking for the noise. wear a helmet just in case :D

Strictly Diesel

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Could be a bad tire. I bought brand new Michelins for my dually and had discount rebalance them 3 times because of an 80mph vibration that would shake the crap out of the truck. I finally forced them to do a "Road Force" balance (even though they said the RF wouldn't work on such a heavy tire) and they found I had a bad tire. They replaced the tire and all is good.

Anyway...inspect your wheels for signs that a wheel weight (particularly a large one) has come off. Look for uneven tire wear.

While you're at it. sping the drive shaft around and see if it looks like the balance weight on it has come off.

Deadman514

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been driving in front wheel drive only with the rear shaft in the bed. Seems like that was it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58