Vibration

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
It's time to figure out this vibration that I have. The vibration seems like it makes the front of the truck bounce. It is noticeable at 50-65mph in OD just has the engine gets a load(bottom of hills etc...) Usually only happens when cruise control is on. I can make it go away by adding more throttle. My thoughts are Torque Converter or Carrier Bearing. Is there any way to isolate this issue?

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
It's time to figure out this vibration that I have. The vibration seems like it makes the front of the truck bounce. It is noticeable at 50-65mph in OD just has the engine gets a load(bottom of hills etc...) Usually only happens when cruise control is on. I can make it go away by adding more throttle. My thoughts are Torque Converter or Carrier Bearing. Is there any way to isolate this issue?

Have you considered a tire getting ready to go??
:dunno

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
U-joints, in the drive shaft, will cause a vibration when you are not putting on a big load, like coasting or light cruzing. Will not happen when accelerating or braking.

Dave

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I don't notice it while coasting but applying a light load (small incline, accelerating a few MPH with cruise control, etc...) it is noticeable. I hope it's not tires.

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Scott one way to rule out the Carrier is to apply a small wedge between the bearing and the mount, this will tighten up the rubber per say. This is a temporary fix if it turns out to be the case. Another thing to check would be the pads on the spring ends, if they're worn through it will telegraph vibrations 10 fold. I replaced mine with Some rubber pads I made from an old inner tube, helped with the ride.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg