vibration

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would have to say wheel. lots of rear end clunking, no whining. The clunk is not the slip joint in this case. I sold the rear but would like to know what it is. The guy i sold it to will rebuild it. I bought an 08 10.5 rear with 4:10's. It has 40k on it. 500 bucks!

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
best description is like it feels that the wheels are egg shaped when its doing this. Get to 55 plus mph its fine.

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, i had the back jacked up. The rear end was moving like bouncing at 38 mph. It did the same with 3 sets of rims. Unless all of them had broken beads. I did change the pinion seal. I got it put back on to what i feel was tight enough. It needs to be like 450 foot pounds. Maybe something went hay wire.

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
carrier bearing is new.
i think its in the rear. I pulled the cover. I have never seen fluid come out like this. realy chocolate milk like. No water got in it. Maybe the vent was stuck? Its sticky too. i know what gear oil is like, its always kind of thick and smells funny. But this stuff is smoked....

atk

Reaction score
yes, i had the back jacked up. The rear end was moving like bouncing at 38 mph. It did the same with 3 sets of rims. Unless all of them had broken beads. I did change the pinion seal. I got it put back on to what i feel was tight enough. It needs to be like 450 foot pounds. Maybe something went hay wire.

have you tried this without rims/tires on the back? if you do try this, make sure you have a couple of wheel nuts each side holding the rotor tight....

did this start to happen after you changed pinion seal?

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i recently got the truck. Pinion seal was leaking pretty good. I replaced it. I ddont know how it was. It had a terrible rive to it when i got it.Needed, ball joints steering box, one injector. It drove like crap and steered like it. I do know the fluid i took out did not look like this. I have not seen this brown color. Could see bubbling on top too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14